DAI is seeking highly qualified candidates for the following position:
Project: Technology for Youth and Jobs- TechStart
Expected start: ASAP
Level of effort: Full-time
Location: Ramallah, Palestine
Duration: 1 Year- Renewed Annually
Palestine Technology for Youth and Jobs Project-TechStart is a project for the benefit of the Ministry of Telecommunications and Information Technology (MTIT) of the Palestinian Authority, funded by the World Bank (WB), the European Union, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, and the Government of the Kingdom of Netherlands, and implemented by DAI Global UK as the Project Implementation Agency (PIA).
The TechStart project aims to shift the dynamic equilibrium of the Palestinian IT sector towards continuous upgrading of firms’ capabilities and employment growth. This will be achieved by strengthening the supply of firms’ capabilities, increasing demand from international buyers and investors, and stimulating the absorption of high-tech knowledge in the ecosystem.
The project consists of four components tackling the supply side, the enabling ecosystem, and the demand side of IT services:
- Component 1 will strengthen the capabilities of firms and their workforces, addressing the capability shortfalls, information asymmetries, and other factors that dissuade firms from investing in capacity-building activities on their own. It targets firms and individuals that require upskilling to meet the need of buyers who expect suppliers to meet global standards.
- Component 2 will support the entry of new, complementary actors into the IT ecosystem, supporting the private sector to build the technology and business infrastructure that IT service companies rely on to compete, including finance. It targets private firms and entrepreneurs who already meet global standards.
- Component 3 will stimulate demand through international market linkages and will encourage foreign direct investment in the West Bank & Gaza.
- Component 4 will strengthen the capacity of the PIA and the MTIT by provision of management and implementation support to oversee the project.
DAI is seeking to hire a Partnerships Specialist with responsibility of owning and driving all levels of partnerships and international connections across the three components of the Project. In particular, the Partnerships Specialist will be responsible for the activities under Component 3 “Improving market access and increasing demand and investments” as well as engaging with key partners and generating and maintaining momentum for activities which contain a partnership or international connectivity aspect under component 1 and 2, particularly the establishment of shared R&D hubs under sub-component 2.2.
The Partnerships Specialist is a senior position, and candidates must have a strong knowledge and understanding of the Palestinian private sector as well as strong international experience as demonstrated by previous leadership positions and a diverse network and connections that can be utilised for the purpose of building partnerships between large international companies and local IT companies. The position also requires the candidate to create and maintain relationships with relevant governmental bodies and public sector agencies specialized in international trade and investment promotion.
The Specialist will be also assigned certain tasks that include drafting of LOIs or MOUs in preparation for agreements, other tasks such as preparing relevant project materials and documents will also be required. The Specialist will work directly with the Project Director and in close coordination with the TechStart team to implement the activities.
- Lead the design and implementation of activities under Component 3 “Improving market access, and increasing demand and investments”.
- Co-lead, with project director, on partnership and international engagement aspects of the design, planning, negotiation, and implementation of sub-component 2.2: Establishment of shared R&D hubs.
- Work with component leads cooperatively to steer activities on all levels of partnerships and international connections across components 1 and 2.
- In collaboration with TechStart team colleagues, design, develop and implement plans to attract international partnerships tailored to the Palestinian IT services sector that align with project goals and objectives.
- Maintain and grow existing partnerships through regular communication and relationship-building efforts.
- Lead partnership negotiations and agreement creation.
- Monitor and report on partnership activities, performance, and outcomes to project staff and provide aftercare services to partners where needed.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and identify potential new areas for partnership growth.
Foreign Direct Investment
- Identify and evaluate potential foreign direct investment FDI opportunities and present them to interested parties and liaise and facilitate dialogue.
- Proactively engage in negotiations and advise on terms of potential FDI deals, including investment amount and structure and facilitation of deal closing.
- Build and maintain dialogue with government agencies, ministries and government officials, investment promotion agencies, and other stakeholders to identify and implement potential investments and/or partnerships.
- Develop and deliver presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent the project in international conferences and events to build awareness and identify potential partnership opportunities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Familiarity and experience working with the local and international technology sector.
- 10+ years of experience managing international partnerships and FDI engagements as evidenced by leadership role in business development in the Tech sector or similar.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of leading dialogues with high-ranking government officials and CEOs of international companies.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining relationships with potential FDI partners including government agencies, investment promotion agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel internationally freely and unrestrictedly as required.
- Knowledge of FDI regulations and compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint presentations and experience with financial analysis tools is a plus.
- Very strong report writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in English Language, speaking and writing is a must.
Location and Reporting
The Specialist is to be based in Palestine and must have the ability to travel unrestrictedly in and out of Palestine. The post holder will be line managed by the Project Director of the TechStart Project.
To Apply: If you would like to be part of a dynamic project team and are interested in submitting your CV for consideration, please apply through the following link:
Individual position postings including job description and qualifications sought can be viewed at the link provided. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for additional information.
All applications must be received no later than Friday, November 17, 2023.
About DAI: DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.