Generic Function: Specialiste / Officer
JobTitle: Partnerships and grants monitoring officer for Palestine (Gaza)
Job Family: Officer
Work in close collaboration Gaza based program team.
Reports to (Hierarchically): Head of Gaza office (Team Leader)
Working time in % : 100% = 40h per week, from Sunday to Thursday
Supervises (Number of subordinates): None
Work location: Gaza,
Duration: Starting from: As soon as possible, annual contract with possibility of extension
General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading worldwide reference on restorative juvenile justice, which accumulates over 40 years of experience in the Palestinian context. The Access to Justice Programme aims at contributing to develop and to improve justice systems by enhancing the restorative approach and in particular by promoting alternatives to trials, detention and specialized custodial care for children, better prevention and reintegration, and synergies in contexts of legal pluralism. Tdh’s strategic plan creates a comprehensive framework for action that combines axes on operations, advocacy, research and quality and accountability, with a view to creating lasting and meaningful change in the lives of children in contact with the law. The Access to Justice program currently operates at global, regional (MENA for this position) and national levels where in Palestine it has been operating in both West Bank and Gaza since 2010.
As part of the Project Implementation Team of the present mandate, and under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Partnership Officer is in charge of planning, organizing and monitoring all the activities related to the sub-granting scheme. The Partnership Officer provides technical assistance and coaching to the supported CSOs/CBOs partners and ensures quality implementation and effective budgeting and expenditures. The Partnership Officer is in charge of the implementation of the MEAL plan for the project.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
- Implementation of the sub-grant component of the project
- Ensure all project assigned activities under this component are implemented on a timely and quality manner in accordance with standards and in full compliance with the donor requirements as specified in project contract;
- Coordinate with the supervisor and the project team members for the implementation of activities, tailoring of training planned in the project and all other project-related activities.
- Collaborate with the Accountant/Finance Manager to ensure the analysis of monthly variance, coordinate budget forecasts and if necessary, requests of budget approval to the donor;
- Regularly compiles project reports as per agreed reporting schedule and the format of reporting;
- Contribute to the development of the need assessment of the CSOs working in targeted areas.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Participate in various assessment exercise related to local partners and contribute in drafting assessment reports and other required documents;
- Participate in the process of establishing and finalizing the overall project MEAL framework led by the Regional Q&A Coordinator;
- Prepare and implement an action plan for monitoring/spot check visits to sub-grantees with the aim of internal control in compliance with Donor/Terre des hommes and local laws;
- Review all the financial & programmatic reports from local partners and ensure that they meet the requirements agreed through necessary mitigation actions;
- Regularly monitor the timely implementation of all activities in the project areas based on the MEAL plan;
- Ensure proper documentation and archiving of the project information related to sub-grants setting up and maintaining of grant files, reporting calendars, and updating of internal documentation;
Communication and Visibility
- Write articles, media materials and bulletins that promote the project activities and events based on communication and visibility standards of Tdh Palestine and SDC;
- Contribute in the development of publications and other promotional materials in the framework of the project;
- Draft reports and informative documents that feed the Project Website, Tdh social media networks, donors and partners; V. Other o Respect Child Safeguarding Policy, PSEA, Gender and Diversity Policy of Tdh and other institutional policies;
Compliance and Due diligence:
- Ensure that the action and its activities are fully in line with SDC procedures, rules and regulation and with the standards of Tdh in Palestine;
- Commit to respect the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Tdh Code of Conduct and Tdh Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy.
- Be proactive with respect to the aforementioned policies and show leadership to all Tdh staff.
- Report cases of abuse on children as identified.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
Security and safeguarding
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations
- Participate in updating security plans, as needed.
- Understands and applies security policies, the Child Safeguarding Policy and fraud prevention policies
- Respect Child Safeguarding Policy, PSEA, Gender and Diversity Policy of Tdh and other institutional policies;
- Participate in the organization of launching and closing events;
- Any other duty as required by the supervisor.
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
1. Shows determination and proactivity.
2. Shows flexibility, availability and adaptability.
3. Communicates in a clear concise and responsible way.
4. Masters the tools and applications both general and activity-specific based.
5. Produce high quality reports
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor’s degree social science, or other relevant degree in line with the position responsibilities.
- Knowledge and interest of gender issues and ability to mainstream gender considerations into programming.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in similar position preferably with an (I)NGO.
- Excellent communication, coordination and representation skills.
- Excellent experience in grants management and follow up
- Previous experience and exposure to relevant actors working in the GBV responses in Palestine would be highly desirable.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency of English & Arabic languages is required.
- Expertise in project cycle management, detailed knowledge of concepts, processes and tools, and experience in leading participative processes;
- Awareness and knowledge of ethical issues related to project management: gender equality, fairness and do no harm;
- Knowledge of and professional experience in the children’s rights field (Child protection), and SGBV, MHPSS in the humanitarian aid/development context;
- Valid driving license with no restrictions.
- Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter and should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected] Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
- Deadline for applications is December 25, 2021 at 04:00 pm.
- Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
- Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
- The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection.