Job Title: Partner Engagement Associate
Type of Contract: National Personnel Service Agreement
Duty Station: Ramallah
Duration of Contract: 12 months with the possibility to extend based on fund availability and performance.
Closing Date: Apply before 12:09 pm on 6 November 2022
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in 170 countries and territories, working with governments and people on their own solutions to global and national development challenges to help empower lives and build resilient nations. UNDP Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (PAPP) derives its mandate from the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 33/147 of 20 December 1978 to improve the economic and social conditions of the Palestinian people by identifying their social and economic needs and by establishing concrete projects to that end.
UNDP/PAPP places empowerment, resilience, and sustainability at the center of its operation and focuses on three priority areas: the Gaza Strip, East Jerusalem, and Area C of the West Bank, where the needs are the greatest. UNDP/PAPP is active in four thematic areas: democratic governance and the rule of law; economic empowerment and private sector development; environment and management of natural resources; and public and social infrastructure.
Generating youth employment and economic empowerment opportunities through advancing the Palestinian start-ups ecosystem project focuses on increasing accessibility of start-ups originated from the Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to the commercial market as a strategy to create sustainable and inclusive job opportunities for youth in Gaza and the West Bank. As overarching objective, the project intends to contribute to the creation of new employment and economic empowerment opportunities for skilled youth through enhanced support to Palestinian start-ups and emerging entrepreneurs, as well as through fostering increased cohesion and collaboration amongst the innovation ecosystem actors – facilitating linkages and integration particularly between academia, private sector and entrepreneurship supporting organizations (ESOs) including business incubators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Partner Engagement Associate will undertake the following functions:
Project coordination and implementation:
- Maintain and monitor project plans, activities, and budgets against work-plan in collaboration with other project staff and implementing partners.
- Conduct regular field visits to gather data and follow up on progress.
- Monitor project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable; update the status of project risks and issues by maintaining the logs.
- Identify changes and challenges in the external environment and promptly suggest necessary actions/corrective measures.
- Monitor and ensure relevant gender mainstreaming considerations are embedded in project activities.
- Handle correspondence and ensure the filing system is maintained and updated properly.
- Coordinate the implementation of HACT (Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers) procedures in line with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Ensure project implementation is in compliance with UNDP Rules and Regulations.
Stakeholder and Partnership Engagement:
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders including governmental officials, private sector, NGOs, Higher Education Institutions, and the local community.
- Actively seek the engagement and participation of women and youth throughout the implementation of the project.
- Support implementing partners capacity and promote interlinkages amongst partners in alignment with the project objectives and vision.
Reporting, Monitoring, and Evaluation:
- Participate in the preparation of project proposals, procurement processes, inception reports, workplans, donor progress reports, and impact reports for the project.
- Draft monthly workplans, minutes of meetings, field visit reports and factsheets.
- Document lessons learned, best practices and success stories to contribute to learning.
- Monitor project implementation against the established indicators in coordination with the RBM Team.
- Work closely with implementing partners, project stakeholders, relevant clusters, and communities at the field level.
- Support the development of communication and visibility materials in coordination with implementing partners and UNDP’s communication team.
- Ensure that all donor branding and visibility requirements are fulfilled.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors
The incumbent will work under the guidance of the Programme Design and Implementation Analyst and the direct supervision of the Project Manager to undertake the assigned functions to ensure the success of the project. Partnershipe Engagement Associate doesn’t have any supervisory role.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies:
Business Direction and Strategy:
Effective Decision Making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one's authority, area of expertise and resources
Business Acumen: Ability to understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome
Negotiation and Influence: Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolve points of difference, gain advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and creates ‘win-win’ situations
Knowledge Facilitation: Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally
Customer Satisfaction/Client Management: Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
Look for ways to add value beyond clients' immediate requests.
Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
Partnership Management: Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society, Higher Education Institutions and private sector partners, experts, and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies
Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication.
To tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Working with Evidence and Data: Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making
Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Experience
- Min. Education requirements:
- High School Diploma required or; Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Development Studies, or a related field will be given due consideration.
Min. years of relevant work experience:
- Minimum 7 years with High School diploma or at least 4 years of experience in project coordination with Bachelor’s degree.
- Required skills
- Proven experience in dealing with local governments, NGOs, and, bilateral and multilateral donors is required.
- Experience in results-based management is required.
- Excellent use of project management software and Microsoft applications is required.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section:
- Knowledge of the UN system and familiarity with UNDP procedures would be an asset.
- Previous experience with international (public or private sector) organizations is desirable.
Fluency in both English and Arabic languages is required
المسمى الوظيفي Partner Engagement Associate
آخر موعد للتقديم 06 - Nov - 2022
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 7 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP/PAPP
UN-Habitat Operations Analyst
رام الله والبيرة
Data Entry and Administrative Support
رام الله والبيرة