Position Title : Operations Officer
Position Type : Regular, Full Time
Location : Mercy Corps Ramallah Office
Duration : One Year with possibility of extension
Mercy Corps is a non-profit, non-governmental international humanitarian and development organization, registered in the United States, the UK, and the Netherlands with offices in more than 40 countries around the world. Mercy Corps has worked in Palestine since 1986 and currently operates across Gaza, the West Bank, and East Jerusalem. The organization works to empower Palestinians to meet their basic needs and overcome the negative effects of the blockade, occupation, and internal political divisions, while becoming more economically self-sufficient and civically engaged to live with greater dignity and create a brighter future.
Mercy Corps is expanding our presence in the West Bank, initially with USAID funding under the Positive Youth Engagement (PYE) Program and potentially with other activities.
Operations Department provides key support to the entire country program in procurement, asset management, warehouse management, fleet management and facilities & office management for successful program implementation.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The position is responsible for administering all operations aspects for Mercy Corps’ West Bank activities and will work under the supervision and guidance of the Jerusalem and West Bank Operations Manager, based in Jerusalem. Working closely with Mercy Corps West Bank/Jerusalem Program and Finance Departments, the position is instrumental in supporting and facilitating program activities through his/her services. The Operations Officer must have a full understanding of MC Operations & Administration policies, formats, and procedures. The position will manage the commodity pipeline and coordinate with MC partners, contractors and donors as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Administration and Operations:
- Maintain office records and ensure protection and security of files and records.
- Ensure office functions including the maintenance of office equipment, timely replenishment of office supplies and stationery, timely payment of all office utility bills for MC Ramallah office.
- Support the JRS Ops team as needed in managing WB office, storage space, expat residences and other facilities contracts, including interacting with contractors and collecting necessary paperwork.
- Track expenditures and payments for MC Ramallah service and purchase contracts.
- Assist MC WBJ Operations Manager with Israeli travel permit management for MC team members.
- Assist the JRS Ops team to manage Mercy Corps ID cards for WB staff.
- Prepare the required documentation of completed and ongoing transactions to MC standards.
- Under the direction of the JWB Operations Manager, conduct WB procurement activities, including completing purchase requests and other documents, collecting quotations/bids, interacting with vendors, and updating the Procurement Database and other files.
- Coordinate with MC WBJ Compliance team to ensure compliance review of procurement transactions.
- Participate in MC Palestine procurement regular meetings, planning, and working groups.
- As needed train WB staff on MC procurement policies and procedures.
- Oversee all vehicle management in the WB, including maintaining movement boards, vehicle files, vehicle log-sheets, fuel consumption, and vehicle maintenance.
- Ensure the provision of safe transport services for Mercy Corps team members in the WB, following Mercy Corps’ Fleet Management Policy Guidelines. Maintain regular communication with senior program and operations management as needed to ensure these safe transportation services (both use of MC cars and taxis).
- As requested, plan for and manage staff and visitor movement around the WB and between the WB and JRS.
- Maintain all WB logistics trackers and provide summary reports as requested.
- In coordination with the JRS and Gaza Operations teams, ensure a smooth process of moving MC assets between the West Bank and Jerusalem and/or Gaza.
- Ensure that procedures outlined in the Mercy Corps Asset Management Manual are implemented in Mercy Corps Ramallah Office.
- Maintain Ramallah Office asset register and ensure all new items are properly coded, tagged, and input into the system. Lead regular physical count/check of all assets. Provide reports as requested.
- Maintain inventories of all Mercy Corps premises (non-expendable properties) and conduct regular checks.
- Manage process of providing MC-owned equipment to authorized staff. Coordinate with JRS and Gaza Ops Team on asset transfer.
- Ensure all lost, damaged, sold, stolen (or other) items are properly recorded with an approved Disposal of Assets form. Ensure any necessary supplement documentation is completed.
Safety & Security:
- Under the supervision of the JWB Operations Manager, ensure MC WBJ Security Management Plan, SOPs and other related policies are applied by WB team members.
- Track security and movement situation in West Bank and keep team updated through standard channels.
- Contribute to MC WBJ team discussions on the safety and security of project staff and assets.
- Ensure safe movement of MC West Bank team members within the WB and between WB and Jerusalem.
- Ensure all WB offices and cars have relevant safety and security supplies.
- As requested, support safety and security training and drills.
- Respond to routine staff inquiries on information related to safety and security.
- Stay up-to-date on all relevant MC policies, procedures, manuals, and guides to ensure MC is fully compliant in the WB.
- The Operations Officer will always conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Office Cleaners/Janitors in the WB
Reports Directly To: WBJ Operations Manager
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Relevant university degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of experience in Logistics, Admin, Asset, Fleet Management, and Procurement
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational skills
- High computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members and a proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Working experience with humanitarian organizations is beneficial.
The successful Procurement Officer will coordinate procurement, logistics, security, and safety tasks while demonstrating excellent stewardship of donor funds and compliance with Mercy Corps rules and regulations. They will maintain strong cooperative relationships with other departments and interact effectively with international and national personnel while demonstrating the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities. The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a solid commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
المسمى الوظيفي Operations Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 22 - Oct - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
Qualified persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE no later than Friday, 22 October 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply separately for each position you are interested in.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Mercy Corps - مؤسسة ميرسي كور
CASH Program Coordinator
CASH Program Officer
Part-Time Technical Trainer
رام الله والبيرة
Data & Learning Analyst
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
رام الله والبيرة
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
Upskilling Program Intern