Generic Function: Specialised employee/Assistant
JobTitle: Operations Assistant
Reports to (Functional): Head of Jerusalem and West Bank Office
Salary level: Grade 2
Working time in% : 100%
Directly Reports to (Hierarchically) Head of Jerusalem and West Bank Office
Functionally Reports to : Logistic and Security Coordinator and Finance, Admin and HR Coordinator for Palestine and Jordan
Supervises (Number of subordinates): Direct: 0 Indirect: 0
Work location (Country + city): Jerusalem
Job Duration: one year with the possibility of extention
General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading organization worldwide on child protection, which accumulates over 40 years of experience in the Palestinian context. Tdh aims at contributing to develop and improve child protection systems and juvenile and gender justice. Tdh’s strategic plan creates a comprehensive framework for action that combines axes on operations, advocacy, research and quality and accountability, with a view to creating lasting and meaningful change in the lives of children. As part of the Project Implementation Team, and under the supervision of the Head of Office, and the functional support of the Logistics and Finance Coordinators, the Operations Assistant will be in charge of all logistic, admin and basic accounting tasks for Jerusalem and West Bank operations.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
- Coordinate, in close collaboration with the Head of Jerusalem Office and the Logistics Coordinator, the supply chain processes and systems as per Tdh’s standard operating procedures.
- Supervise administration related activities, in close relation with the Finance-Admin Coordinator and in accordance with Tdh purchasing and payment procedures.
- Ensure accurate follow-up and treatment of PRs (purchase requests).
- Ensure timely ordering and delivery of goods.
- Support in bid analysis and participate in drafting contracts & purchase requests, purchase orders for suppliers.
- Supervise the timely execution of all curative and preventive maintenance and repairs of all Tdh equipment and facilities in order to ensure its good condition and usability.
- Work with Jerusalem Office team to ensure that the Terre des hommes logistics systems and procedures are followed.
- Oversee the logistical filing system to include equipment manuals, maintenance schedules and log documentation i.e. vehicle log sheets, waybills, maintenance reports, etc.
- Maintain and follow up on all aspects of information technology including deployment of new equipment.
- Organize transportation according to the needs in collaboration with Head of Office and field teams.
- Follow-up the fuel consumption of the vehicles according to Tdh standards. Ensure vehicle refueling and maintain enough emergency fuel stock for fleet vehicle.
- Ensure regular Maintenace of fleet bearing in mind safety and wellbeing of team members during movements.
- Keep up-to-date records of all movements utilizing the logbook placed in each vehicle
- Report any fleet issues to the line manager
- Prepare the payments’ documentation and transfer letter and checks
- Book the data for all payments in the accounting software.
- Prepare financial reports and analysis for the projects.
- Manage the petty cash and prepare bank reconciliation
- Proceed with payment for income tax and national insurance authorities and others
- Maintain good filing system
- Maintain up to date inventories, including user identification, tracking and stocking documentation of all assets,
- Maintain a record of all assets, existing and newly purchased, and notify line manager of needs of new equipment
- Support and report the payments’ costs related to the maintenance and use of office facilities.
- Ensure all facilities are fit for use and report any issues to line manager.
- Conduct regular maintenance and repairs as needed to ensure the continuity of activity.
- Collaborate with the line manager in term of raising issues as needed and working together to promote a strong team.
- Ensure clear positive communication with all members of the office and the delegation.
- Maintain an organized style of work, making suggestions to the line manager concerning improvements that could be made to the logistics systems that are the Assistant’s responsibility.
- Keep accurate and up to date information concerning reporting requirements for fleet management, Tdh equipment, facilities and ICT and make this available to other staff on request.
- Drive Tdh vehicle with Tdh staff, as needed.
- Any other duty as required by the supervisor
Reporting & Communication
- Produce and submit a monthly report and contribute to quarterly reports.
- Document regularly logistics activities and monthly management of sources of verification.
- Report any incident related to logistics to the line manager.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Participate in updating security plans, as needed
- Report any urgent issue and security related updates to the line manager
- Commit to respect the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP), Tdh Code of Conduct and Tdh Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) Policy.
- Be proactive with respect to the policies and show leadership to all Tdh staff.
- Report cases of abuse on children as identified.
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
- Undertake other duties as required by the line manager.
- Competencies: This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) as well as Professional Competencies
- In particular:
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
- Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way
- Shares knowledge
- Masters the tools and applications both general and activity-specific based.
- Collects the necessary information regarding professional activities
- Pays attention to the best practices and develops the professional practices related to the field of work or area of responsibility
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Requirements for the position
• Any Bachelor degree eg. Business Administration, Finance or any other related degrees;
• At least 2 years of experience in a similar position preferably with an INGO.
• Fluency in English, Arabic. The working language in the office is English.
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to be flexible, cooperative and to work autonomously
• Proactive and able to take initiative
• Committed and self-motivated
• Able to manage stress and complexity
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Valid driving license with no restrictions, a must
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
This job description may be amended in line with the activities or evolution of the Mission.
المسمى الوظيفي Operations Assistant
آخر موعد للتقديم 28 - Aug - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
- Tdh will only consider complete applications corresponding to the required profile. Applications must include a complete CV and a covering letter and should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected] Additional documents such as diplomas and work certificates will only be required in case of an interview.
- Deadline for applications is August 28, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
- Indicate Operations Assistant in the subject of the email
- Only short/listed candidates will be contacted. If you are not shortlisted, your file will be destroyed by us, according to the rules on data protection.
- Tdh provides equal working conditions for men and women. Furthermore, for candidates with equivalent qualifications and for positions with responsibilities, applications from women are strongly encouraged those as well from people with diverse backgrounds.
- The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect our commitment for child security and protection.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Terre des hommes - Switzerland