Job Title: Operational and Financial Assistant (Full Time)
Position Ref #: SHS_2022_OFA
Location: Ramallah, West Bank
Type of contact: Full Time Job
Stars of Hope Society (SHS) Located in Ramallah, a non-profit association, registered by the Palestinian Authority, and founded in 2006 under the charitable Association and civil Bodies with license number RA-22493-C.
Stars of Hope Society is a lead organization for women with all types of disabilities in Palestine. It is a woman-centered organization, which works on a collective model. Women with disabilities run our organization, to help and empower other women with disabilities. It is the only organization of its kind in Palestine and one of a very small number internationally.
The SHS is seeking a qualified, experienced, results-oriented candidate for the following position:
Operational and Financial Assistant (Full Time)
We are looking for an experienced and committed candidate who can fill in the Operational and Financial Assistant position available at our office which is based in Ramallah. You will be responsible for handling the day-to-day finance and administrative including procurement related SHS’s program and activities.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Execute Financial related tasks, under supervision of the financial officer and Executive Director
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Enter data into the financial system (Bisan) under the supervision of the financial officer.
- Assist the financial officer in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on payment, payroll, etc.
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the financial officer.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the financial officer.
- Assist with preparation of the budget
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Processes supplier invoices
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
- Assist with the annual audit
- Maintain financial files and records
Administrative & HR
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Executive Director.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments, when necessary, in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee vacations in electronic and digital format.
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Overall day to day office management
- Organise, maintain and tidy the office area and equipment
- Manage the repair and maintenance of computer and office equipment
- Order office supplies
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents
- Respond to inquiries
- Maintain insurance coverage
- Issue permits and licenses
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Ensure that the supply chain process is respected for any purchase done on SHS: (PSR, quotation, bid analysis, purchase orders) according to SHS internal procedures and to any donor requirements and regulation
- Ensure the good filling of the purchase files
- Ensure that the equipment board is regularly updated
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Executive Director in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Ensure that any event organize on SHS is fitting with the supply chain process
- Producing detailed proposals for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Managing the budget of any event in coordination with the budget holder
- Coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire, ...etc
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BA degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- At least 4-5 years of professional experience in finance and operational field and work experience with Non-Governmental Organizations and/or Donor organizations.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and production and interpretation of management accounts.
Skills and abilities
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong communications, interpersonal, organization, and listening skills.
- Good interpersonal skills – able to deal diplomatically and flexibly with a range of different people;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic;
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel (or other spreadsheets) and word processing.
- Good understanding of and sensitivity to the regional/local context;
- knowledge and experience of Bisan accounting system
Personal attributes and other requirements
- Committed to SHS’s aims and values;
- Highly organised self-starter, able to work alone or as part of a team.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the administration department via e-mail: [email protected] latest by 29th of March, 2022.
Please ensure that you state the title of the post & the Ref # that you are applying for as subject of your email.
Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for this vacancy
We thank all applicants for their interest, but regret that only short-listed candidates will be
contacted. All applications will be treated in confidence.