About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
General Position Summary
Mercy Corps (MC) implements multiple programs for the benefit of Palestinian people living in West Bank, Jerusalem and Gaza Strip. This position will support Mercy Corps’ Office in Jerusalem & West Bank by providing the needed assistance and support to Mercy Corps team, in close coordination with Mercy Corps programs and offices.
This is an excellent, entry-level administrative opportunity for candidate who is extremely organized, a great team player, complete tasks independently, detail-oriented. This position requires a versatile individual who has experience in supporting Mercy Corps team. This is a role that will be crucial to the senior management, and the team members.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assist MC management in facilitating the smooth flow of routine administrative work of the Mercy Corps office and program support operations including: reception of visitors, photocopies, mail services, translation services, telephones, and faxes.
- Must have a clear understanding on all MC policies and program needs; must be able to help facilitate trainings to all support staff to ensure the smooth, uninterrupted implementation of all MC programs.
- Provide support to the Country Director when requested: Make the needed reservations for meetings, answer phone calls and e-mails as requested
- Assist management in facilitating the adherence to Mercy Corps administrative, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by support staff.
- Prepare duty roster for the cleaner/host; day-to-day supervision of property management including, cleaners, and office maintenance. Ensure the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining supply of all admin documents and making them available for all MC staff and assist the Admin and Human Resources Coordinator in maintaining a central filing system.
- Responsible for maintaining all administrative notice boards – keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance.
- Translation of any program or office documentation, as required.
- Responsible for maintaining contact sheet for MC office – ensuring all contact details are updated and distributed to MC staff and other MC offices.
- Ensure proper management and coordination of staff travel arrangements including transport, security, visas and NOCs.
- Assist in preparing ID cards for all staff; ID cards are worn by all MC staff when on official business or on MC property.
- Assist in applying for permits for Mercy Corps staff.
- Assist in applying for B1/ B2 Visas for Mercy Corps expatriates.
- Assist the admin and HR coordinator in the preparing the Lease Agreements and their payments.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Assist in the collection of monthly timesheets and processing of payroll along with Finance and Human Resources Coordinator.
- Assist Human Resources Coordinator in processing payments for all service contractors.
- Assist Finance Department in making cash payments to contractors in the field and maintaining payment sheet – as instructed by the Head of Office.
- Assist, as required, with coordination of administrative duties in other Mercy Corps offices.
- File Mercy Corps documents as required.
PROCUREMENT AND ASSET MANAGEMNET:
- Assist the procurement coordinator in all the requested procurement activities in Jerusalem and West Bank, that include but is not limited to collecting quotations and price offers for bids.
- Assist the procurement coordinator in all the regular payments.
- Assist the procurement coordinator in the maintaining the procurement files up to date.
- Assist the procurement coordinator in ensuring the locations and the status of assets that have moved between offices.
- Assist in updating the status of the assets in Mercy Corps Asset Log sheet.
- Assist the logistics coordinator and driver in maintaining the vehicle files up to date.
- Assist the logistics coordinator in overseeing Mercy Corps vehicles.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Reports Directly To: Human Resources and Administrative Coordinator.
Works Directly With: Operations Department, Country Director, Finance Department and Programs team.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Knowledge and Experience
- 1-2 years' experience with office administration.
- Excellent computer skills are required.
- Must be an independent thinker
- Have a very strong organizational skill.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling and managing staff from multiple departments.
- Fluency in English and Arabic, Hebrew is required.
- Jerusalem ID Holder.
Excellent communication and coordination skills. In addition, the selected person has to be excellent planner. Mercy Corps is looking for initiative, self-reliant person, who is very accurate and detailed worker. S/he has to have the ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks.
If you are interested in this position, you are encouraged to submit a resume and a cover letter in English. The cover letter should address the listed responsibilities and how this position aligns with your skills and your career goals.
Please send your resume and your cover letter to this e-mail [email protected] no later than March, 3rd, 2020 midnight.
Please state your name and the position title in the e-mail subject.
Safeguarding in Mercy Corps:
As a global humanitarian agency serving the world’s most vulnerable communities, we have an immense responsibility to our program participants, donors and team members across the 40+ countries in which we work. At Mercy Corps, we strive to create an inclusive and safe work environment, where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. Central to this commitment our emphasis on protecting our program participants and team members from all forms of harm, including any physical, emotional or sexual abuse.
Mercy Corps continues to invest in and strengthen our approach to safeguarding, which we define as our responsibility to ensure team members, operations and programs do no harm to the people and communities with which we work or put anyone, especially vulnerable populations at risk of abuse or exploitation. When issues do arise, we are committed to putting survivors first, providing them with the support they need, ensuring transparency with donors and local communities, and taking corrective action, be it at the local level or within our global systems.
All Mercy Corps Team Members Commit to:
- Interact with other team members with a spirit of equality and mutual respect, refraining from behavior which could be perceived as discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability including HIV/AIDS status, marital status, veteran status, or gender reassignment status, in keeping with Mercy Corps’ Equal Opportunity and Diversity policy.
- Treat all people with dignity (including team members, beneficiaries and the populations of host countries in which Mercy Corps works) and abide by Mercy Corps Unacceptable Behavior policy, avoiding any behavior which could be construed as harassment or bullying.
- Refrain from engaging in any activity which may be exploitative or intimidating. In particular adhering to the Child and Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy and the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy.
- Adhere to the Health and Safety polices of the organization. Ensure that they familiarize themselves with and adhere to both the agency security policy and the specific incountry policies and procedures in the country in which they work and/or visit. Conduct their behavior in such a way as to avoid any unnecessary risk to the safety, health and welfare of themselves and others, including partner organizations and beneficiaries.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times. Employees must not work under the influence of drugs and /or alcohol or behave in any way which could adversely affect the reputation of the organization.
- Observe the strictest political, religious and racial impartiality at all times while completing their duties on behalf of Mercy Corps.
- Perform their duties and conduct their private lives in a manner that avoids possible conflicts of interest with the work of Mercy Corps. Declare any possible conflicts of interests according to the agency conflict of interest policy. Only accept any additional employment or consultancy work outside of Mercy Corps with prior authorization as described in the Other Employment Policy.
- Inform their supervisor and the appropriate Human Resources Department(s) of any personal or romantic relationship(s) which develop within the organization that involve a conflict of interest.
- Respect local laws and customs. Avoid involvement in any criminal activities or activities that compromise the work of Mercy Corps. Notify Mercy Corps of any unspent criminal convictions at the commencement of employment and any criminal charges which arise during the course of their employment.
- Ensure that they use Mercy Corps information, funds and resources entrusted to them in a responsible manner and account for all money and property, following the appropriate policy and procedural requirements in particular adhering to Mercy Corps’ Anti-Fraud and Corruption policy and Electronic Communications policy.
- Comply with all employment policies and procedures and other applicable Mercy Corps Organizational
Policies and procedures including but not limited to:
Relevant Finance Manuals (Field and/or HQ)
- Field Security Manual
- Field Procurement Manual
- Mercy Corps Media Protocol and Communications Policies
- Resource Development policies including Donor Privacy policies
- Fleet Management Policies including Vehicle Use
- Information Technology and Acceptable Use policies.