Job Title: OHCHR Human Rights Officer
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Gaza
Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration of Contract: 12 months with the possibility to extend based on fund availability and satisfactory performance
Closing Date: 11 October 2021 (midnight New York, USA)
OHCHR OPT is a country office of the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights. The office
was established in 1996 and it implements the global mandate of the High Commissioner for Human Rights to
promote and protect the full enjoyment of human rights by all, without discrimination. The office has approximately 50
staff with a main office in Ramallah, sub-office in Gaza and field presences in East Jerusalem and Hebron.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Office or his/her delegate, the incumbent will be responsible for
assisting in the implementation of all activities related to the work of the Office of the United Nations High
Commissioner for Human Rights in the occupied Palestinian territory (OHCHR oPt) related to promotion and protectionof human rights, including women’s rights, pursuant to relevant United Nations resolutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Information-gathering on the human rights situation in the oPt, including interviewing victims and witnesses and including from a gender perspective;
2. Analysis of specific cases as well as human rights trends in the oPt based on international human rights and humanitarian law;
3. Drafting reports and communications as required; contributing to periodic reports; providing ad hoc briefing notes and oral briefings on the situation of human rights in the oPt;
4. Working closely with representatives of international, Palestinian and Israeli NGOs, of civil society at large and individuals on matters concerning the promotion and the protection of human rights, including on specific individual cases and on the use of international human rights mechanisms;
5. Assisting in the inter-agency liaison for co-ordination of the human rights and humanitarian work of the UN Country Team and the Humanitarian Country Team, including mainstreaming human rights within the work of the UN in the oPt;
6. Assisting in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of training and other activities in relation to Human Rights Education and international human rights standards and mechanisms for a broad range of beneficiaries;
7. Assisting in providing adequate support to visits to the region by independent human rights experts and OHCHR missions;8. Performing additional tasks as required.
Knowledge of human rights issues and ability to identify related problems in their political, ethnic, racial, gender equality and socio-economic dimensions. Knowledge of institutional mandates of human rights organizations, prevailing policies and procedures. Research and analytical skills, including ability to identify and participate in the resolution of human rights issues. Ability to identify sources for data collection, research and analyze information and draft human rights reports. Ability to evaluate and integrate information from a variety of sources and assess impact on the human rights situation in the area of assignment. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning and Organizing:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Advanced University degree preferably in law, political science, international relations, or other disciplines related to human rights or development.
A combination of a Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Legal training would be a strong asset.
Excellent knowledge of international human rights law and international humanitarian law.
Demonstrated skills in interviewing victims, gathering information on and documenting cases of human rights violations and broader trends in human rights, with experience in human rights monitoring and reporting desirable.
Exposure to a wide range of human rights issues, including knowledge of techniques to address sensitive issues.
Good analytical and drafting skills.
Excellent Arabic and English (written and spoken).
Good command of operational systems and office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Lotus Notes).
Knowledge of database management is an asset.
المسمى الوظيفي OHCHR Human Rights Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 11 - Oct - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية الماجستير
الخبرة 2 Years
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة برنامج الأمم المتحدة الإنمائي UNDP/PAPP
رام الله والبيرة
Data Entry and Management Assistant
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة