Chemonics International seeks an Officer Manager for a newly awarded, USAID-funded project promoting economic growth in the West Bank and Gaza through expanded economic development, trade, commerce, and applied research. The five-year project has three main objectives:
- Objective 1: Facilitate Cooperative Exchange and Knowledge Sharing
- Objective 2: Foster New Markets
- Objective 3: Enhance the Capacity of Targeted Entities
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The Office Manager will be responsible for the overall administrative functioning of the project office in Ramallah and provide support to operations in Gaza. S/he will oversee effective administrative operations including logistics, human resources and personnel, office compliance to Chemonics, USAID, and local policies and regulations receptionist functions, travel, and all other related functions.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Plan and track anticipated administration activities related to project office operations and provide input to the Operations Director, Finance Manager, and Compliance Specialist for monthly projections and budgeting with the D.C. office;
- Support the technical team with events management logistics, as needed, coordinating with operations and technical teams, as well as the D.C. office, as needed;
- Responsible for all of the project's commercial and residential leases and associated rent and utility payments and write modifications and ensure annual contract renewals, as required;
- Oversee the management of the project's hotel blanket purchase agreements (BPAs) and other procurement contracts to support technical assistance;
- Responsible for all office-related equipment and service contracts, maintain good relationships with outside vendors and update the project vendor database;
- Arrange for and oversee the maintenance of office equipment and repairs for office space;
- Coordinate logistics for all in-country travel and short-term international travelers, including for business trips, seminars, conferences, and meetings;
- Coordinate with USAID on all matters concerning visa support, accreditation issues, and permits;
- Maintains tracking system of administrative procurements, publications, action memos, and approvals;
- Oversee the purchase of office supplies and keep inventory of all project supplies and purchased durable (non-consumable) goods and oversee the Operations Specialist in their management of small safe petty cash, oversee weekly petty cash counts, and ensure ample cash on hand for office expenses.
Project Operations Management
- Implement all office rules and procedures as set forth in the project policy manual, and draft modifications to office policies as needed to support project operations;
- Work closely with the Compliance Specialist and Operations Director to update the WBG Policy manual and annual review checklist with local legal counsel annually;
- Support the oversight and ensure collaboration with the Gaza office and serve as a liaison with the D.C. office for field office administrative inquiries;
- Oversee fleet management and project drivers;
- Establish, organize, and maintain a robust and highly accurate electronic and hard copy filing system for administrative and personnel-related documents, and perform periodic audits of these systems to ensure accuracy and completeness of records in accordance with USAID and Chemonics regulations;
- Additional tasks as assigned.
Basic qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in administrative and operational positions, preferably on USAID and/or other donor-funded programs;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Proven ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment and to interact positively with a wide range of stakeholders within an international context;
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Fluency in English and Arabic required with excellent oral and written communications skills.
To apply, please complete the form linked below by December 4, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.