SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
Child Safeguarding Commitment:
SOS Children’s Villages works with children’s and youth. Any applicant he/she should act in a way that safeguards children and youth from all forms of discrimination, abuse, mistreatment and neglect, and will keep data about the children and youth in SOS Children’s Villages programmes confidential. He/she will report all concerns regarding actual or potential child abuse, mistreatment or any other violation of the Child Protection Policy according to our reporting and responding system. For sure, He/she would be protected and supported by the organization.
The National Office Accountant supports the Finance & Controlling Director and Chief Accountant in overseeing and controlling financial and administrative activities of the NA Programmes and departments. He or she assists in planning and budgeting and supports in implementation, monitors financial guidelines to ensure that programmes achieve set targets and goals effectively and efficiently. He or she is responsible for doing day to day accounting duties and financial reports preparation as requested by supervisor.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Accounting and Coordination of Financial Activities.
- Implement financial and administrative policies as established by the NA and SOS CVI and notifies FCD and Chief Accountant of any breaches.
- Ensures that payments are authorized, relevant corroborating documents are attached and within the approved budget lines.
- Prepare Journal and payment vouchers promptly and properly.
- Prepare Checks and transfers.
- Booking National office and Programmes Journal Entries in SOS advanced finance Management Systems and Tools.
- Prepare periodic updates to Finance and Controlling Director, and the Chief Accountant to make sure sound decisions will be made.
- Inspect and review receipts and revenues submitted by FDC department.
- Register the donation in kinds and other donations and to double check the codes depending on the FDC donations reports and then booking them on Navision.
- Record grants in SOS Finance system in guidance of the Chief Accountant.
- Coordinate receiving and submittal of accurate documents with location Accountant.
- Administer National office petty cash and ensure its management is according to the set guidelines and cash counts are done from time to time.
- Ensure that fundraising campaigns are promptly and properly financed and monitor payments tools.
- Provide input and participate in the different budget cycle stages.
- Assist in reflecting budgets in SOS integrated finance system.
- Liaise with Programme Accountant and coordinate the proper treatment of received in kind donations, collection and control of revenues by ensuring that all cash and donations are receipted and deposited in time, all revenues from projects are collected and properly recorded as requested by supervisors.
- Keeps in close contact with Programme Accountant to understand programmes needs and facilitate and provide technical support to Programme Accoountant.
- Follow up donations in kind registration and distribution.
- Assures that sufficient payment/journal vouchers are available, preparing the purchase requisition to print additional vouchers when needed and contacting the supplier to track the order.
- Follow up and verify delivery of requested services within vendors and service providers own systems, serve as focal point for suppliers contact.
- Liaise with suppliers to avoid any work interruptions and minimize lead time.
- Review Vehicles logs, prepare the necessary allocation table and notify relevant parties of any discrepancies.
- Maintain additional control and tracking records using different tools and template to ensure accuracy and reliability of internal transactions.
- Ensures having sufficient number of check books.
- Maintaining a well-organized archive in the NO for all programmes transactions.
- Facilitate execution and implementation of urgent and important transactions.
- Review and verify financial reports submitted by implementing partners, inform FCD and Chief Accountant of anomalies.
- Ensure Compliance and alignment with applicable tax laws through managing suppliers and service providers’ tax withholdings, Liaise with tax and fulfillment at required deduction tools and systems.
Safeguarding of Assets
- Lead the Fixed Asset count for the National office.
- Allocating acquired fixed assets to FA Cards with proper integration and depreciation.
- Keep abreast of programme Accountant’s work in facility stores management to ensure that records are properly kept and all set procedures are maintained.
- Participate in undertaking internal and external audits.
- Participate in planning for internal audits.
Reporting & Support
- Providing the facilities with the needed monthly financial reports such as budget comparison to minimize the variances with the approved budget.
- Support other departments like fund development and communications, Human resources and programmes through notifying them of revenues and advice.
- Prepare specific reports for the FCD and Chief Accountant for planning and monitoring e.g. key ratios, monthly expenditure reports etc.
- Prepare customized financial reports for donors and external stakeholder.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key Skills and Qualifications for the position:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- Readiness and ability for team work.
- 2 years’ Experience in non-profit organizations.
- Flexibility; honesty; resourcefulness.
- Fluency in English.
- Good knowledge of EXCEL.
- Communication skills.
- Social competence.
[email protected] by Thursday 25/03/2021.
Indicating in the subject line: National Office Accountant
Only short listed candidates will be contacted Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.