TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
- BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Médicos del Mundo “Doctors of the World” MdM Spain is an independent organization that works to make the right to health effective for all people, especially for vulnerable populations, excluded or victims of natural disasters, famines, diseases, armed conflicts or political violence. Our projects are carried out both in Spain and in 19 countries in America, Africa, the Middle East and Europe. The volunteers and professionals who are part of our organization have as their main mission to work to achieve compliance with the fundamental right to health and the enjoyment of a dignified life for anyone.
MDM-Spain work under this project aims at improving access and quality of comprehensive child and adolescent psychosocial care in Jericho, through three results: R.1 Strengthen the comprehensive approach to mental health in primary care by raising awareness in MHPSS aspects of health professionals and coordinating with other services. R.2 Strengthen mental health care and psychosocial care capacities for the youth infant population in primary care centers and community mental health center in Jericho. R.3 Raise community awareness of the mental health and child protection situation in Jericho and the Balearic Islands.
Health entities, professionals of different levels of health care, will participate, and different community and social fabric actors will be involved.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE REQUIRED SERVICE PROVISION
Currently MdM Spain is implementing a project through the Baleares Government titled; Baleares “Improve the mental health and psychosocial wellbeing of the most vulnerable population in the Governorate of Jericho”. This project focuses on mental health and psychological support (MHPSS), In addition to initiate psychosocial rehabilitation services for the most vulnerable patients, it is implemented is in partnership with Ministry of health (MoH). This project is funded by Baleares Islands Government.
Through this project results will reinforce care for the most vulnerable population with mental health problems in Jericho, MdM will promote a pilot project of psychosocial rehabilitation services for patients with psychosocial disabilities. Patients whose chronicity makes their inclusion in society difficult, and most of them remain isolated and stigmatized, assuming a heavy burden for families who face their care alone. Through the SRP, it is intended to provide psychosocial support to patients, coordinating therapeutic objectives with their CSMC, providing them with skills that allow them to access supported employment, seeking to generate economic support and a feeling of usefulness for society. We contemplate support for family members, creating spaces for mutual support, and coping mechanism tools for the care of their relatives. For this reason, we will have the support of an expert in mental health and in occupational therapy, who will generate, together with the Ministry of Health, adequate routes of support and psychosocial accompaniment for these patients, services that do not exist in Palestine.
The MdM technical team, with personnel specialized in occupational therapy and a psychology professional with extensive knowledge in mental health, will design a comprehensive support and accompaniment program for patients with psychosocial disabilities. This design will be carried out in collaboration and coordination with the staff of the Community Mental Health Center (CMHC), to ensure adequate follow-up in treatment and evolution.
Psychosocial rehabilitation sessions will be developed, with a therapeutic component, and an occupational therapy component. The therapeutic component is led by the mental health professional and focuses on therapeutic objectives previously agreed with the psychiatrist, psychologist and social worker of the CMHC.
The occupational component is led by an occupational therapy professional, who will lead sessions for Supported Employment.
Supported Employment consists of a set of services and actions focused on the person, so that the person with disabilities and with special difficulties can access, maintain and promote the open labor market, with the support of professionals and other types of support
This activity seeks to promote social insertion through the performance of a job, as a means for the full incorporation of the individual in the community, and thus improve the quality of life and the independence and autonomy of people with psychosocial disabilities.
Development of skills for reintegration into the community.
Development of social and vocational skills.
Individual and group therapeutic work in a treatment room that has been prepared for that and has the necessary tools, with children, adolescents and adults as needed.
It is proposed that these sessions be held twice a week, and patients will be provided with transportation support, to ensure accessibility to psychosocial rehabilitation activities.
- At a glance the functional rehabilitation project
“To improve the mental health and psychosocial wellbeing of the most vulnerable population in the Governorate of Jericho”
Reinforce the psychosocial rehabilitation service for especially vulnerable patients in Jericho.
- Department of Mental and Community Health in Jericho Health Directorate
- Patients nominated by the department staff
- Patients' families
- Develop/Improve the skills of independence and daily life of patients.
- Develop/Improve their social and professional skills.
- Promote the social integration of the patients into society.
- Enhancement of raising their professional competence and productivity.
- Strengthening families by providing them with the necessary information and developing their knowledge and skills towards the services provided and community networking.
- Enhance the knowledge of health workers about occupational therapy and occupational rehabilitation services and their importance, through ongoing training and capacity building activities.
- It is suggested that these sessions take place twice a week, and by the end of the project, at least 48 rehabilitation sessions will have been carried out with patients. Nevertheless, the total number of sessions to be tailored to the existing and identified needs of the patients.
MOH - Jericho
8 months (August 2022 – March 2023)
- Description of the mission:
- Support the trained professionals to develop and monitor Building a rehabilitation treatment intervention program plans for male and female patients, children and adults, based on their needs.
- Three Allocate two days a week of presence to work in the rehabilitation treatment room, whose presence to be coordinated with the responsible staff of the directorate for the therapy of the patients.
- Ongoing identification of List of occupational and occupational therapy needs in coordination and collaboration with the professionals of other sectors (doctors, nurses, psychologists, social workers)
- Support in the design and implementation of at least 6 psychoeducation session of families of the patients and involve them in the. Conduct at least one educational meeting for the parents.
- - Design, organize and implement theoretical training sessions for the responsible for the patients and other health and MHPSS staff on occupational therapy together and under the supervision of the MdM Clinical Psychologist.
- Design and implement on-the-job training for the health and MHPSS professionals.
- - Design, organize and implement at least 4 on-the-job supervision sessions with the health and MHPSS professionals working directly with the patients and their families
- Conducting at least one educational meeting for health staff workers.
- Involve parents in the treatment program for each patient and discuss it with them.
- Assisting patients in networking with local institutions for societal and professional goals.
- Doing what the work requires in terms of presenting clear plans, reports, pictures, networking and communication.
- Report of examining the evaluation of needs of the mental health nominated with moderate to severe patients and their families.
- A technical report that will expose the capacity building procedure of the health and MHPSS staff (theoretical, on the-job-training and supervision sessions), impact (pre and post evaluation), satisfaction of the participants and audiovisual material (comprehensive pictures of each session)
- A technical evaluation report of the rehabilitation program provided to the for patients and their families (including their satisfaction of the received program and treatment plan), main and specific objectives, recommendations for the future and lessons learnt, focused on the collaboration with MoH staff based on their needs.
- Pre-evaluation of patients.
- Post- evaluation of patients.
- Preparing a list of therapeutic tools.
- Responsible for providing support to health and MHPSS staff to organize the case files of each patient, including the development and evolution of the treatment plans for occupational therapy. Building a profile for each patient to be added to his medical file in the Mental Health Department.
- Receive the attendance Lists of patients to attending the sessions.
- Two sessions per week, group or individual.
- Finishing at least 48 sessions at the end of the project.
- Capacity building material (theoretical trainings: power points, training guidance for participants, accompanying documents and pre reading, ice breakers, pre training evaluations, attendance lists/ on-the-job trainings: pre reading documents for the participants, handouts, ice breakers, accompanying material, attendance lists/ on-the-job supervision sessions: supervision technical abilities checklists, attendance lists, accompanying material, power point, if necessary), post training evaluations at the end of all capacity building sessions and analysis
- Accompanying material for families’ psychoeducation sessions on MHPSS and occupational therapy
- Picture portfolio out of core activities (without direct visibility of the patients/their families).
- Building educational content for parents and presenting it.
- Building and presenting educational content for workers in the Ministry of Health.
- A monthly report that includes the goals that have been achieved, attached with pictures.
- Regular briefing/debriefing with MdM Clinical Psychologist about progress of results and deliverables and consult before each step/decision debriefing/update, especially after achieving each milestone of the assignment.
- Submission of all agree deliverables mentioned above mission report and training materials at least two one week before final mission date. and a final review should be expected.
- All deliverables should be submitted in clearly written English language.
All project documents, outputs, reports; information, etc. product by this assignment will be treated as the property of MDM Spain and MOH, and will remain confidential, including both logos.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Profile of consultant
- A consultant with rehabilitation background (OT or PT) and at least 5 years of clinical experience on mental health patients.
- Experience adult and children learning principles, therapeutic, and development of training materials
- Consultancy experience in the same field.
- Language: Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and spoken
- Personal qualities: Abilities to demonstrate tolerance, patience, flexibility, team-work and self-reliance is the most important for this position.
- Gender approach and behavior in line with MdM Spain Principles and Code of Conduct
- Application Procedure:
Candidates should submit the following information with their application in English language:
- Brief cover letter demonstrating motivation for obtaining the present position
- Curriculum vitae of consultant and list of previous assignments, highlighting those focus on experience on similar area
- A proposal of the detailed methodology, tentative work plan and time schedule,
- Expected consultancy fee.
- Submission & Deadline of Applications:
Interested Candidate should send the requested application procedure in English language to [email protected] before August 18th, 2022 indicating in the subject: Occupational Therapist
Only complete applications who fulfil the requirements will be considered.
- Respect MdM ethics, principles and regulations as well as the dignity of the beneficiaries. - Strict compliance with the safety protocols established by Médicos del Mundo
- Respect MdM-S members and organigram
- Demonstrate motivation at work
- MdM Spain will contact only pre-selected candidates by email. Applications unanswered within 15 days after deadline must be considered dismissed.
- The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
- Médicos del Mundo promotes equal opportunities. No candidate with a valid profile will be excluded because of a functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons. functional diversity or for whatever birth, ethnicity, religion, age or gender reasons.