.تعلن سلطة المياه الفلسطينية وحدة إدارة المشاريع / غزه عن حاجتها للوظيفة المذكورة ادناه وذلك للعمل ضمن طاقم وحدة إدارة المشاريع وذلك حسب الشروط المبين ادناه:
ToR- Occupational Health and safety Specialist
The Palestinian Water Authority (PWA) ــ Project Management Unit in Gaza invites experienced & qualified Palestinian to apply for the following position in the Project Management Unit (PMU).
Wastewater Management Sustainability (WMS) Project contributes to the twin objectives of eradicating extreme poverty and sharing prosperity by improving the quality of life of about 400,000 residents in northern Gaza through the provision of wastewater treatment services, including the protection of communities against the risk of floods from uncontrolled wastewater reservoirs, and by creating economic opportunities for productive use of treated effluent, has been designed to finance efficient Operation and Maintenance (O&M) for the North Gaza Wastewater Management Facilities (NGWMF) for four years and build conditions for sustainable wastewater treatment services. The proposed WMS project will provide technical and financial resources to prevent the collapse of the NGWMF and continue the operation of the facilities at design capacity, while building a long-term technical, institutional and financial capacity to operate and maintain wastewater services. It will finance efficient O&M for four years (excluding electricity), and required rehabilitation of equipment and civil works at the NGWMF to guarantee performance at design capacity. The Project is financed by the World Bank Group, with total amount of 13.7 M USD.
- Component 1: Support the continued operation of the NGWMF (US$7.1 million)
- Component 2: Rehabilitation and upgrade of the NGWMF to improve efficiency build resiliency and address emergencies (US$3.4 million).
- Component 3: Capacity building for sustainability of wastewater services (US$2.2 million).
- Component 4: Project management and implementation support (US$1.0 million).
- Component 5: Contingency Emergency Response Component (US$0.0 million
Occupational Health and Safety Assessment of the project:
Project OHS risks are mainly the risk to technicians/operators’ health due to contact with raw or partially treated wastewater as well as safety risk during the operation of different facilities. Also, the upgrade of Pond 7 and random lakes (Component 2) would be associated with occupational health and safety risks for the workers during the installation of equipment and clearing of the Pond 7 bed. Workers and members of the community could be subject of drowning risk at the random lakes and the installation of electrical works at the Terminal Pumping Station (TPS) and the NGWWTP (Component 2) as well as operators of the TPS/NGWWTP could be subject of occupational health and safety risks. These risks including falling and falling objects, exposure to electrical hazards from the use of tools, working at height, handling solid waste and sludge, exposure to wastewater, exposure to chemicals such as paints, solvents, lubricants, and fuels, exposure to suffocation or poisoning due to presence of hydrogen sulfide (H2S); methane (CH4); and carbon dioxide (CO2), traffic accidents, environmental hazards (snakes, wasps, bees), welding hazards (fumes, burns and radiation), etc. The community health impact is due to excessive movement of vehicles during transferring of solid waste, construction debris, and sludge, as well as exposure of children to uncontrolled sludge dumping sites near the existing ponds and facilities which also create breeding grounds for mosquitos and flies. The project prepared the following environmental and social instruments and plans in accordance with the World Bank ESF and Standards to mitigate the risks associated with the project activities including OHS risks: ESMP, LMP, OHS plan, ERP, Sludge Management Plan (SMP) and Environmental and Social Commitment Plan (ESCP).
Position: Health and Safety Specialist
Main Tasks, Responsibilities and Scope of Work:
The Health and Safety Specialist is expected to monitor, follow up and ensure due diligence of the health and safety requirements as stated in the Wastewater Management Sustainability (WMS) Project’s ESF instruments and plans as follows:
- Plans and implements procedures, programs, and files regulatory reports in compliance with the national procedures and regulations of OHS; and in compliance with the World Bank ESF and the OHS standards of the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Guidelines of the World Bank Group and Good International Industry Practice (GIIP).
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of the health and safety aspects in the project ESMP, LMP, OHS plan, ERP, SMP and ESCP;
- Prepare and implement Community Health and Safety Management Plan including, inter alia, measures to: minimize the potential for community exposure to communicable diseases;
- Ensure the inclusion of specific health and safety issues in the environmental and social instruments in the pertinent bidding documents including required ESHS measures, into the ESHS specifications. The standards will be consistent with local regulations, WBG EHS guidelines, GIIP (Good International and Industry Practices) and Respond to COVID-19 situation including WHO guidelines with regard to commitment of contractor to COVID-19;
- Monitor the compliance of contractors to the provisions of the health and safety procedures in ESMP including protective measures against Coronavirus, and How to deal with infected people;
- Participate and contribute to Stakeholders Engagement Plan (SEP) for OHS related issues;
- Conduct capacity assessment and identify what capacity building needed for different workers in terms of health and safety aspects;
- Monitor the health and safety complaints in the GRM, follow up, document and report all complaints received from affected parties on health and safety within different components of the project;
- Take part in the review of all OHS incidents and assist in investigating incident.
- Participates with Project teams in goal setting and budget process, in areas of safety and compliance. Communicates closely with and takes day-to-day orders from the Project Managers of the PMU in the day-to-day work.
- Plans, implements, and oversees the project sites and Wastewater Facilities of WMS and other projects implemented safety and maintenance program.
- Participate and organize the OHS risk assessments.
- Advise management of compliance and of conditions requiring attention.
- Conduct regular HSE inspections.
- Make thorough analysis of statistical data and inspections; delineates problem areas; and makes recommendation for solutions.
- Monitor the efficient implementation of the Project’s OHS requirements.
- Organize the Project’s OHS risk assessment exercises.
- Check on the use of all types of personal protective equipment specifies the use of appropriate PPE for the various work activities. Evaluates their effectiveness and suggests improvements where indicated.
- Conduct independent inspections to observe conformance with established OHS Plan and determines the effectiveness of individual elements of the plan (pre-task briefing, weekly toolbox talk, etc)
- Correct unsafe acts and unsafe conditions.
- At the conclusion of an emergency event, develop an Emergency Response Evaluation Report.
- Plans and implements programs to train supervisors and employees and new employees to meet safety and occupational standards and also to enhance the project team’s safety culture.
- Inspects organization facilities (safety audits) to detect existing or potential incident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Assists with the investigation of all incidents and injuries from initial report to closure.
- Works with procurement and logistics Manager to complete necessary information on insurance renewal.
- Prepares periodic reports and support World Bank missions
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The following are minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Safety, Occupational Health, or equivalent field.
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience, three (3) years of which in occupational health and safety supervision.
- Relevant experience in preparing health and safety reports.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English language.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word and Excel etc.).
- Hold a valid driving License.
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year – renewable for the life of the Project, on a full-time basis. The expected start date for the position is 15 April 2021.
The CV’s and the supporting documents should be sent before 05/04/2021 to the email address below:
For more clarification, please do not hesitate in contacting the us during working hours (8:00 am-15:00pm).
Tel: 08 2644071
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted