Established in 1958, the Union of Charitable Societies - Jerusalem (UCS) is the first National Palestinian non-profit and independent UCS of non-governmental charitable and developmental associations. The UCS has approximately 150 member organizations in Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho, and Ramallah.
The UCS’s vision is to build an effective civil society contributing to sustainable national development. We are a national UCS leading civil society organizations and working to improve the capacities and services of our member societies through providing a range of specialized and quality services that advances Palestinian civil society and contributes to sustainable development. The Union of Charitable Societies–Jerusalem (UCS) invites highly qualified candidates to apply for the following posts:
- Job title: Nutritionist
- Part time Position number: PR/7/2020
- Type of contract: Fixed term consultancy contract (4months)
- Report to: Programs Manager
- Location: Ramallah – Bethlehem (2 positions)
- Salary: Salary dependent upon experience.
- Closing date for applications: Thursday, December 10, 2020
The primary purpose of this role is to work with the UCS Programs Department to support the implementing of the project “Hand to hand with the older person to pass Covid-19 Pandemic during 2020/2021”, specifically the nutritionist will contribute to the following tasks and responsibilities:
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with the related team members and contribute to the development of assessment tools and surveys.
- Perform nutrition assessments, testing, and evaluation for the elderly people.
- Provide malnutrition risk screening and diagnosis based on assessments, testing, and evaluation.
- Provide nutritional care plans when needed to the elderly people.
- Contribute to providing guidance to care givers on nutritional needs.
- Contribute to the message development sessions for tailor- made/ review of existing COVID-19 messages aiming at promoting health and protection of elderly people during the pandemic.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in dietetics and nutrition.
- A Minimum of 2 years’ experience in public health and geriatric nutrition.
- Good knowledge of basic principles of nutritional requirements and local food habits.
- Good command of spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes which underpin gerontology and geriatric nutrition.
- Understanding of basic principles of gerontology and geriatrics, age-related changes in physiology and metabolism.
Other core competences
- Willingness and ability to work with older people.
- A ‘person-centred’ approach that requires an understanding of food habits for this age group.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Results and quality orientated teamwork and cooperation.
- behavioural flexibility, stress management, reporting skills.
- Excellent command of English & Arabic.
All applicants are requested to send their resumes along with a cover letter in English to the following email address: [email protected] and quote “Nutritionist Vacancy” in the subject line. The deadline for sending job applications is Thursday, December 10, 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The Union of the Charitable Societies-Jerusalem (UCS) is an equal opportunities employer and females are highly encouraged to apply.