Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Hebron district, we are recruiting a:
Providing optimal preventive and psychosocial aid to people with mental health and psychosocial needs at community level according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Performing the triage and registration of patients, ensure the good flow of patients.
- Performing basic laboratory tests (Hemoglobin, blood sugar, urine analysis…), sharing the results with medical team in a confidential way and recording them properly.
- Performing regular preventive maintenance for biomedical equipment. Following protocols, alerting the supervisor in case of a malfunction.
- Being able to prepare a cold chain (vaccine carrier) and monitoring it. Knowing the protocol in case of a cold chain breakdown.
- Performing a nutritional screening for all the patients between the age of 6 months and 5 years. Recognizing the signs for malnutrition. Being able the use both the MUAC and the Z-score for the screening.
- Performing sterilization according to the guidelines.
- In the office, performing the inventory and replacement of pharmacy stock for the regular activities. In the field - pharmacy dispensary.
- Reporting according to protocols and following the expected datelines.
- Being part of a reactive emergency team, being available for emergency response if needed.
- Preparing and giving out trainings in diverse nursing topics for other departments and communities depending on the needs identified - in collaboration with the health promotion team.
Speficic to the COVID-19 context:
- Knowing about Covid-19 (symptoms, spread...) and recognize suspected cases of Covid-19. Applying the necessary measures and making sure staff and patients apply those as well to avoid any contamination in the field and in the office.
- Provide medical/nursing trainings about IPC and Covid-19 preventive measures in the office or in health facilities if necessary. If needed, implementing or leading IPC committees in those facilities.
- Together with Nursing Activity Manager make inventory, order and distribution to other departments of medical Infection Preventive and Control (ICP) items when needed.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress ManagemenT
• Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma
• Desirable bachelor’s in science of Nursing.
• Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGOs.
• Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
• Very good command in English and Arabic is essential.
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel).
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV with references´ details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Departement _Hebron Project
With the reference: NURSE MSF vacancy. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Closing application date is August 3rd, 2022.