Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Place of Work: Hebron
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Perform basic lab testing (according to MSF standards) for selected patients.
- Perform nutritional assessment for all age groups with a special attention to the children under 5.
- Perform immunization assessments and vaccine administration as well as record the data in patient`s files.
- In close collaboration with the pharmacist, manage the procurement, follow up and proper storing conditions of medications / medical equipment.
- Work in a harmonic way and collaborate as much as possible both with the medical doctor and the midwife.
- Organize and facilitate referral of patients to secondary/tertiary health facilities.
- Provide input for advocacy actions.
- Ensure proper implementation of IPC protocols in the mobile clinics.
- Be flexible to perform other tasks than those mentioned in the JD and JD annex, upon request from his/her supervisor, as long as it does not go beyond the requirements for the position.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma
- Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
Local language essential. Mission language desirable
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
All applicants should send a CV and cover letter by email to [email protected] (please indicate ¨On the subject box: the vacancy title)
Posting date: 22 September 2020
Closing date: 05 October 2020
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON ROLLING BASIS and POSITION COULD BE FILLED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.