Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Head of Office and overall guidance of the Head of Office, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in all communication activities related to the work of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in the occupied Palestinian territory (OHCHR oPt).
Responsibilities: Under the day-to-day supervision of the Deputy Head of Office the incumbent is required to perform the following functions:
- Drafts and/or compiles information/communication products for print, broadcast, social media for target audiences such as press releases, media packets and reports, brochures, briefings, audiovisual clips, newsletters, website, Twitter and Facebook including from a gender perspective.
- Provides assistance in the production and distribution of information materials, conducts photo and graphic research, provides inputs and suggests ideas on content, narration texts, audio excerpts, design elements and supports the distribution of public information materials;
- Prepares on the basis of official UN documentation and other sources, initials drafts for inclusion in relevant media (e.g. UN newsletters, periodicals, reports, publications, social media);
- Under specific direction, tracks, researches and analyzes information on assigned topics/issues, gathers information from diverse sources and helps to assess news value and other potential impacts, as well as contributes to the evaluation of the effectiveness of information campaigns;
- In consultation with others, identifies and proposes information opportunities, activities and approaches, taking into account the situation/topics and target audience;
- Helps identify key contacts/constituencies and opportunities for strategic partnerships to facilitate communication efforts and maintains effective working relationships:
- Contributes to the organization of / participation in conferences, seminars, press briefings, interviews and provides inputs to the preparation of briefing materials for senior officials prior to their participation in such events;
- Helps prepare response to external and internal inquires and information requests and drafts related correspondence
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
PROFESSIONALISM: Thorough knowledge of and practical experience in the full range of communications approaches, tools, and methodologies essential to planning and executing effective media strategies; strong media research and analytical skills. Ability to rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources. Ability to identify public affairs issues, opportunities and risks in an international environment, political awareness and ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences and cultivate productive relationships. Ability to produce a variety of written media products in a clear, concise, journalistic style. Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds , Treats all people with dignity and respect , Treats men and women equally , Shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making, Examines own biases and behaviours to avoid stereotypical responses , Does not discriminate against any individual or group.
Education: Advanced University in communications, journalism, international relations, public administration or related field. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and two years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience: Up to two years of progressively responsible experience in journalism, communications, international relations, public administration or related area is required. Demonstrated experience in producing and utilizing a variety of communication tools. Experience working or volunteering for an international organization or in an international working environment is desirable. Previous experience working on human rights issues is desirable.
Language: Excellent Arabic and English (written and spoken). Knowledge of Hebrew is desirable.
OHCHR is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.