SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages-Palestine started its operation in 1966 with the first SOS-Children’s Village in Bethlehem and is currently searching for experienced National Office Secretary to join the team of SOS Palestine National Office in Bethlehem. The National Office Secretary will report directly to the Administrative Officer.
Position summary and main aims:
Under the supervision of Administrative Officer, the National Office Secretary is responsible for the reception, secretarial and logistics duties at the National Office. The work involves frequent dealings with the public and necessitates a friendly, courteous, professional and efficient approach. The NO Secretary is a member of administrative support staff for NO co-workers.
Contract: Unlimited Contract
Direct Supervisor: Administrative Officer
Key performance areas and main responsibilities
Provides Secretarial Support
- Answers all routine correspondence independently. Deals with more complex matters in cooperation with relevant senior co-workers.
- Maintains a Stationary Register. Ensures that there is always a sufficient stock of envelops, stamps, etc. Obtains and distributes new supplies as necessary.
- Arranges transportation, travel reservations, accommodation and visa arrangements for co-workers and NO visitors in a timely manner.
- Schedules meetings, appointments and prepares agendas and any supporting material for distribution;
- Performs other secretarial tasks as requested by line manager
- Maintains and tracks NO Driver schedule
- Supports in procurement as request by line manager
- In charge of filing and archiving of important documents; as requested by line manager
- In charge of Petty Cash
- Supports requests by HR department in coordination with line manager
Ensures the Smooth Flow of Correspondence and Communication
- Assists callers as required and takes messages if necessary.
- Forward incoming calls to the appropriate co-worker
- Maintains complete confidentiality in all matters relating to NO operations.
- Communicates with relevant co-workers in the happenings of upcoming events – visits;
- Circulates memos and other documents as requested by line manager;
Creates a Welcoming Atmosphere
- Welcomes all visitors and ensures they receive any assistance they require, or are directed to other staff members as necessary.
- Organises refreshments for guests and assists with the organisation of special functions.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination.
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor in Business Administration or related field.
- 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic.
- Good communications skills.
- Excellent computer and Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel and Power point).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
- Able to manage own time and to work under high pressure
- Self-motivated and team work skill.
- Good time management, organizational and administrative skills
المسمى الوظيفي National Office Secretary
آخر موعد للتقديم 09 - Feb - 2023
المكان بيت لحم
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 2 Years
التصنيف الإدارة والأعمال
Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by Thursday, 9th of February 2023
Indicating in the subject line: National Office Secretary
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة قرى الأطفال SOS Children’s Villages
National Alternative Care Advisor
Institutional Partnership Development Officer
Child Safeguarding Officer
Individual Giving and Communications Officer
خالة (مساعدة ام بديلة) / مقدمة رعاية قرية الأطفال
خالة (مساعدة ام بديلة) / مقدمة رعاية قرية الأطفال
21, Nov, 2022
National Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
16, Nov, 2022