SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
SOS Children’s Villages-Palestine started its operation in 1966 with the first SOS-Children’s Village in Bethlehem and is currently searching for experienced Secretary to join the team of SOS Palestine National Office in Bethlehem. The National Office (NO) Secretary will report directly to Human Resources and Organizational Development Director (HROD).
Position summary and main aims:
The National Office Secretary is responsible for the reception and secretarial duties of the National Office. Since her work involves frequent dealings with the public, she must have a friendly, courteous, professional and efficient approach. He/she is a member of administrative support staff for NO co-workers, especially in the field of HR administration.
Contract: Unlimited Contract
Direct Supervisor: Human Resources and Organizational Development Director (HROD)
Key performance areas and main responsibilities
Provides Secretarial Support
- Types work presented by NO senior staff
- Circulates memos and other documents as requested
- Answers all routine correspondence independently. Deals with more complex matters in cooperation with relevant senior co-worker
- Schedules meetings, and appointments (travel arrangements when Admin Assistant is absent)
- Performs other secretarial tasks such as photocopying, binding and filing
- Maintains a Stationary Register. Ensures that there is always a sufficient stock of envelops, stamps, etc. Obtains and distributes new supplies as necessary
- Uses computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
- Maintain and track NO Driver schedule.
Ensures the Smooth Flow of Correspondence and Communication
- Assists callers as required and takes messages if necessary
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate co-worker
- Places telephone calls and sends faxes for NO staff, Maintains a fax register
- Receives and distributes incoming mail, and prepares all outgoing mail. Registers all outgoing mail and arranges for it to be posted. Dispatches urgent mail by courier
- Maintains complete confidentiality in all matters relating to NO operations
Supports HR Personnel Administration
- Coordinates HR matters with the HROD responsible in the NO.
- Follow up the employees cash box (Monthly payments and Birthdays etc.)
Creates a Welcoming Atmosphere
- Welcomes all visitors and ensures they receive any assistance they require, or are directed to other staff members as necessary
- Organises refreshments for guests and assists with the organisation of special functions
- Ensures that there is always someone to perform reception duties, if absent for any period of time.
Child Safeguarding (CS)
- Responsible within own area of work to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination.
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the IOR CS focal person and/or to the respective line manager.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- Diploma in Secretary or related field.
- 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic.
- Good communications skills.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel and Power point).
- Self-motivated and team work skill.
Interested candidates must send their Cover Letter including related job achievements, CV, and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by Saturday 15th of October 2022
Indicating in the subject line: National Office Secretary
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded.
Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.
Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance is mandatory to be submit in case of selection.