SOS Children’s Villages takes action for children as an independent non-governmental social development organization. We build families for children in need, we help them shape the development of their communities, we respect varying religions and cultures, and we work in countries and communities where our mission can contribute to development.
Position: National Office Secretary
Line Manager: Human Resources and Organization Development Director (HROD)
Status: Full Time
The National Office Secretary is responsible for the reception and secretarial duties of the National Office. Since her work involves frequent dealings with the public, she must have a friendly, courteous, professional and efficient approach. He/she is a member of administrative support staff for NO co-workers, especially in the field of HR administration.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Provides Secretarial Support
- Types work presented by NO senior staff
- Circulates memos and other documents as requested
- Answers all routine correspondence independently. Deals with more complex matters in cooperation with relevant senior co-worker
- Schedules meetings, and appointments (travel arrangements when Admin Assistant is absent)
- Prepares agendas and records minutes of staff meetings. Observes strict confidentiality with regard to the proceedings of all meetings
- Performs other secretarial tasks such as photocopying, binding and filing
- Maintains a Stationary Register. Ensures that there is always a sufficient stock of envelops, stamps, etc. Obtains and distributes new supplies as necessary
- Uses computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
- Maintain and track NO Driver schedule.
- Assist the HROD in his functions as per his request.
Ensures the Smooth Flow of Correspondence and Communication
- Assists callers as required and takes messages if necessary
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate co-worker
- Places telephone calls and sends faxes for NO staff, Maintains a fax register
- Receives and distributes incoming mail, and prepares all outgoing mail. Registers all outgoing mail and arranges for it to be posted. Dispatches urgent mail by courier
- Maintains complete confidentiality in all matters relating to NO operations
Supports HR Personnel Administration
- Coordinates HR matters with the HROD responsible in the NO
- Exercises good time management skills. Maintains an attendance register for all NO staff
- Maintains an up-to-date employee database for all NA staff
- Develops simple but effective personnel administrative procedures for the NO, in accordance with the policies of the SOS organisation
- Supports HROD manager by keeping up-to-date personnel records and files while ensuring the proper safekeeping of all such records, and limits access only to authorised staff members
- Keeps up-to-date data sheet of employee workshops, NO activities, meetings, correspondence etc.
- Prepares new employee files and official letters of appointment, ensures additions to insurance, etc.
- Assists in the Orientation of new employees
- Is the NA focal point; responsible for all correspondence with Insurance provider
- Assists in preparing employee insurance lists at the NA level
- Ensures that employees receive travel insurance when attending overseas workshops
- Assists in the recruitment process; prepares interview schedules, administers jobs account, etc.
- Supports the Finance Department by Administering NO petty cash according to established procedures.
Creates a Welcoming Atmosphere
- Welcomes all visitors and ensures they receive any assistance they require, or are directed to other staff members as necessary
- Organises refreshments for guests and assists with the organisation of special functions
- Ensures that there is always someone to perform reception duties, if absent for any period of time
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key skills and qualifications for the position:
- Diploma in Secretary or related field
- 1-year relevant experience
- Fluency in both English and Arabic
- Good communications skills.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel and Power point).
- Self-motivated and team work skill.
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and three traceable references to:
[email protected] by Friday June 14, 2019
Stating in the subject line: National Office Secretary
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applications after deadline will be excluded. Applications not conforming to the conditions will not be considered.