Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Vacancy for an anticipated project in the Agricultural sector
Taawon, Ramallah Office
Taawon is a non-profit, civic organization launched in Geneva in the year 1983, upon the initiative of a group of Palestinian and Arab economists and intellectuals. The organization has become one of the largest organizations operating in Palestine and the diaspora camps in Lebanon, whereby it touches the lives of more than one million Palestinians on an annual basis, with half of these beneficiaries being women. Since its establishment, Taawon has invested significant funds dedicated to development and relief programs in Palestine.
Under the overall administrative leadership and supervision of Taawon’s Community Development Program Manager and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will provide technical orientation, advise and backup in order to ensure the delivery of a Natural Resource Development Project outputs to a high standard and in a cost effective manner, taking into account national and international best practices and previous experiences / achievements, and in accordance with Taawon procedures.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible for monitoring, evaluation, and learning of a 4-year Natural Resource Management Project (Land, Water, Agricultural Roads) ensuring that reporting, monitoring and evaluation functions are carried out as per project requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In particular, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Develop, implement, and review the project’s monitoring and evaluation system, which include developing M&E work plans, designing monitoring and reporting tools, templates, and guidelines.
- Manage the M&E functions of the Natural Resource Management project and provide updates and milestones of progress on a quarterly, bi-annually, and annually basis.
- Facilitate the development and review project work plans to ensure implementation and reporting.
- Analyze monitoring data and produce reports that show progress in achievement of outputs and outcomes, bottlenecks for not achieving results and recommendations for improvement.
- Liaise with the communication team within Taawon to document good practices, success stories and lessons learned for organizational learning and improvement.
- Take lead in the maintenance of M&E systems including tools, databases as well as the continuous provision of information from monitoring data.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of various evaluation studies (Formative, summative and Impact evaluations).
- Design monitoring tools to support easy identification of impacts of training undertaken through the project.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing through organizing learning sessions.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Advanced university degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Social sciences; Development studies; agriculture or related Social Sciences field or equivalent with good understanding of monitoring and evaluation and conducting research studies.
- At least seven years of experience in designing and conducting independent development M&E frameworks, desk studies and/or research of development programmes and advocacy in the monitoring arena.
- Excellent command of English language (speaking, reading, and writing).
Taawon Core Competencies
- Results focus
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Demonstration of ability to monitor projects and manage resources efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write proposals, documents, and technical reports.
- Good facilitation skills and ability to conduct community level workshops / seminars.
- Ability to travel to sites to monitor, evaluate and document progress where at least 70% of the incumbent’s time is expected to be in the field.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة