The proposed project is part of a coordinated international effort to address chronic poor water quality in Gaza and the significant increase in domestic demand expected in the medium term, which is projected to reach around 145 MCM a year by 2030. PWA, in partnership with the European Commission (EC), the European Investment Bank (EIB), the Union for the Mediterranean (UfM), the Islamic Development Bank (ISDB) and the World Bank, formulated the Gaza Central Desalination Program (GCDP). The GCDP covers all Gaza and comprises two main components: (i) construction of a desalination plant with initial capacity to produce 55 MCM a year of desalinated water that can be doubled in the future; and (ii) construction of a north-south water carrier, including storage reservoirs to convey and properly blend the desalinated water with groundwater sources to achieve water supply meeting WHO guidelines for potable water. The latter component is referred to as “Associated Works.”
The Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) for the benefit of the has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Water Security Development - Gaza Central Desalination Program: Associated Works Project Phase I (AWP-Phase 1), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for supporting the Project implementation and management capacity of the implementing institution (PWA).
The PWA is considering the recruitment of a qualified M&E Specialist who will contribute to the successful implementation of the project on all project aspects.
- Component 1: Improved Supply of Bulk Water to the southern and middle governorates of Gaza
- Component 2: Capacity Building and Performance Improvement of Selected Institutions
- Component 3: Project Management and Implementation Support
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for designing and implementing the monitoring and evaluation activities of the project, monitoring the project activities and indicators on regular basis, and reporting against the project’s monitoring plan. The M&E specialist will be responsible for developing and maintaining the MIS of the project, also contribute to ensuring that all project reports include sufficient impact data and analysis. In Particular;
- Develop, design scope and implement a sound and appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E); in line with donor requirements and needs of the project
- Review the existing logical framework approach and recommend further impact oriented improvements;
- Develop intermediate monitoring and impact indicators in line with the theory of change and M&E plan for the project success;
- Monitor all project activities, to ensure expenditures are in line with budget allocations and progress towards achieving the project results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project's results;
- Conduct regular field visits to the project sites to; monitor the projects’ activities and ensure project M&E objectives are met.
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities; as well as support for an accurate and timely response to requests from senior management or donors.
- Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the PMU- General Director/Project Manager; and as per donors’ requirements;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E system;
- Work closely with the Project technical team to track project progress, and support them in their use of the M&E tools; to ensure that monitoring data is collected correctly and on time
- Perform other duties as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Project Management, or any other field related to M&E;
- 5 years’ Experience in supporting project management; experience in water sector projects would be an asset;
- Having a minimum 3 years of professional work experience in developing, implementing M&E systems for development projects by international/National organizations;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Excellent computer skills: Proven ICT skills, Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software. particularly with one or more types of data analysis and management software (e.g., Excel, SPSS);
- Having a sound knowledge and sensitivity in the gender/social/ environmental context of the Gaza Strip;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Fluency in English and excellent report writing.
We encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive work environment. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year Extendable as demand necessity, on a full-time basis.