Monitoring & Evaluation & Learning Officer (m/f/x) - Gaza, Palestine
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges - Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality - and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel is about to start the implementation of a new cooperation portfolio for Palestine. This program will on the one hand built on the successes of governmental cooperation over the past decade and on the other hand, also provide a response to the Palestinian and global challenges of this decade.
Belgian development cooperation has supported the Palestinian territories since 1993 - initially through delegated cooperation. Direct governmental cooperation was started in 1997 for an amount of 15 million euros and the fourth and provisionally last agreement (2011) evolved to 71.6 million euros (2012-2015). This program was extended in December 2020 with an additional budget of 10 million euros. The new portfolio is proposed for a period of 5 years (2022-2026). An indicative budget of 70 million euros is allocated for the new 2022-26 portfolio.
Moreover, a new project “Youth Economic Empowerment in Palestine (YEP)” aims to address the lacking economic prospects for Palestinian youths, including vulnerable youth and young women, by empowering them to access decent employment opportunities.
YEP is funded by the EU Neighbourhood Instrument and to be jointly implemented by UNFPA, Sharek Youth Forum in partnership with the Centre for Youth Economic Empowerment, and Enabel in Palestine.
The project will focus on enhancing youth’s capacities to access wage- and self-employment opportunities to:
1. Develop and operate of a First Employment Facility, a private sector-led work readiness programme allowing to enhance the employability of graduates of vocational and higher education entering the labour market;
2. Ensure continuous learning opportunities to enhance the employability of unemployed graduates of vocational training and higher education institutions, as well as youth workers. Short-term specialized TVET courses adapted to the needs of the labour market, will create new technical upskilling and vocational reskilling pathways, allowing youth graduates and workers to acquire specific, new or complementary technical competencies and/or transversal skills, and ultimately increase their career opportunities;
3. Enhance access to self-employment for the most vulnerable young women and men through business development support for sustainable micro- or small businesses that are viable to their local economies and generate sufficient income to meet their livelihood needs and improve their individual resilience.
Tasks and responsibilities of the M&E Officer:
• You will ensure that the projects are provided with relevant information about results in order to use it for monitoring the performance of the project, for reflection & learning on the change processes, for decision making, for reporting to learn as well as to inform future projects by Enabel or its partners;
• You put in place a monitoring system of the results of the programme in order for the projects to have all necessary information to follow up performance, to support strategic decision making, to render accounts of results achieved and to generate the necessary data for evaluation, action research and knowledge building;
• You coordinate and ensure results monitoring (data collection and data analysis) in order to provide each indicator with information and to be able to use the information obtained to follow up performance, to support strategic decision making and to report on results, and to promote reflection & learning;
• You advise the Project Managers on decision making, planning and monitoring activities in order to support the project management;
• You facilitate and support learning activities in order to support installing critical reflection & evidence-informed learning in the project and to ensure that lessons are identified and that the relevant experiences from execution are capitalised on and disseminated;
• You promote a results-oriented culture and ensure that management for results becomes a common responsibility in order for Enabel as an organisation to be recognised for its results;
• You network with M&E experts of Enabel and other organisations in order to continuously learn, share lessons learned, remain informed of recent M&E evolutions and adopt an innovative attitude;
• You facilitate capacity development of partner entities in order to improve monitoring of their organisation, processes and systems and of their staff’s competences.