Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Communications Director
(West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity)
Location: Ramallah, West Bank
The West Bank/Gaza Active Citizenry Activity funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities is seeking to hire a Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Communications Director. The Active Citizenry Activity aims to increase citizens’ participation in civic life and support their efforts to advocate for positive changes, foster social and political advancement, and improve overall living conditions and prosperity. The Activity will support the civil society sector, Palestinian citizens, media organizations, and other relevant stakeholders to become more active in civic life, decision making and advocacy for citizens’ rights and demands.
The Director will lead the design and oversight of the project MEL, Collaboration, Learning and Adaption (CLA) and Communications activities. We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
- Develop the project’s MEL plan, developing systems, strategies, and tools for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet USAID’s reporting requirements.
- Contribute to project deliverables, including annual workplans, and quarterly and annual reporting, undertake periodic quality reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and lead design of M&E system strengthening actions and oversee the dissemination of information on approaches, lessons learned, etc.
- Lead the regular review and updating of the CLA Framework and Plan for the project, in close collaboration with the project Technical Leads, the DCOP and COP and USAID representatives
- Guide and facilitate collaboration with/across key stakeholders to regularly identify and capture lessons learned from the implementation of program activities.
- Oversee the documentation and communications of learning through various platforms.
- Design, roll-out and continually improve CLA-related processes and tools to support effective project implementation and collaboration, learning and adaption in relation to the program
- Oversee the design and delivery of the project’s communications and reporting deliverables with support from the project’s Communications and reporting specialist.
- Work closely with project leadership to integrate CLA activities into the project workplan, M&E system, and into job descriptions and individual performance goals.
- Responsible for effective written analysis, reports and oral presentations on the program as requested by the supervisor.
- Lead a team of MEL officers and Communications and reporting specialist, provide them with necessary technical support, supervision coaching and guidance to perform their duties.
- Represent Global Communities and overall program interests as necessary and appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers, and partners. Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a related discipline (statistics, research methods, sociology, public administration or related field) with a minimum of 8 years of experience in Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation and/or Collaboration, Learning and Adaption; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to international development, public administration, political science, or law with a minimum of 10 years of experience in Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation and/ Collaboration, Learning and Adaption
- At least three years of MEL or CLA experience in a related field, such as governance, civil society or civil engagement
- Proven experience in a MEL or CLA leadership position in similarly sized, international donor-supported programs, preferably with USAID.
- Knowledge/Experience with USAID contract rules and regulations strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively and adjust indicator selection and targets as part of adaptive programming.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with USAID, host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- At least 3 years of management/supervisory experience is required.
- Proven ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams is desired.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both oral and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the agreement is desired.
- Languages: Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English. Proficiency in Modern Standard Arabic is highly preferred. Ability to use both languages fluently and accurately and be able to read all styles and forms on all levels pertinent to professional needs is highly preferred.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter by email to [email protected] no later than Monday October 24, 2022 indicating the position title and location.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.