Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT ON FUNDING
Position Status : Full-time
Position Title : Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator
Position Type : Regular Full Time Contract
Location : Mercy Corps Gaza Office
Duration : Nine Months
Department : Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action—helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. In Palestine, Mercy Corps has been working hand-in-hand with local communities and partners since 1980s and has staff in three offices based in East Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza. Mercy Corps work aims to increase the capacity of Palestinian’s civil society to promote inclusive social and economic development, long-term recovery, and respond to humanitarian need.
The comprehensive Palestine portfolio is currently works mostly with vulnerable communities through development and humanitarian programs with focus on the following sectors: economic opportunities, youth employment and technology diffusion, Cash Transfer Programming (CTP), food security and livelihood, water and energy solutions, and other humanitarian assistance projects. Mercy Corps has made a commitment to increase its use of Cash Transfer Programming (CTP) in humanitarian responses. In Gaza Mercy Corps is starting a new program in Gaza designed to establish a stronger case for multi-purpose cash assistance (MPCA) by testing different cash transfer modalities, leveraging technology in data collection and cash transfer, and completing an ambitious research, learning, and influence agenda.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The MEL Coordinator is responsible for ensuring highest quality implementation of Gaza Mercy Corps Programs through maintaining continuous improvement and iterative learning process. He/She will also be responsible for ensuring that the program adopts an effective mechanism for monitoring activities based on Mercy Corps M&E Guidelines and Donor requirements. The MEL Coordinator will assist the MEL Manager to establish required M&E plans and systems, to develop tools for both monitoring and evaluation tools (in collaboration with programs), and to facilitate the accurate collection and precise analysis of relevant data in order to measure program progress and impact and help provide information to stakeholders for decision- making.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
▪ Continuously monitor and verify the quality of data collection in the field, the flow of data from field throughout the program team, help the program to compile the data using the standard beneficiary template.
▪ Ensure that data collection, entry and analysis is as per Mercy Corps M&E guidelines and donor requirements.
▪ Ensure, through regular and random verification, that concerned program staff collects accurate and precise data as per M&E guidelines and donor requirements
▪ Ensure that concerned program staff provide sufficient and accurate supporting document for the reported figures and progress on indicators.
▪ Supervise and provide relevant training to data collection enumerators making sure accurate and precise collection of data.
▪ Ensure the highest quality of work of task-support team (enumerators and field monitors) through design proper templates, conduct sample checks, and provide guidance, mentoring and support as appropriate.
▪ Conduct DQA to review baseline, end-line and other surveys, selection process of beneficiaries, indicators measurement, and documentation of participants’ information as per stated best practices are in place.
▪ As per agreed plan, conduct field visits, joint visit, spot visits and random checks for the implemented activities to ensure the quality and progress of the implementation as per the agreed plans.
▪ Share the observations of the monitoring activities with the MEL manager and program management team, ensure following up on the actions resulted and ensure its successful completion through conduct follow-up visits or beneficiaries’ confirmation.
▪ Ensure that programs baseline and end line surveys, post distribution monitoring forms (PDM), pre & post surveys as planned in the PMP are implemented timely and according to the MEL protocol.
▪ Supervise/Lead the field implementation of data collection/entry of baseline, need assessments, evaluation, end-line, and post distribution monitoring (PDM) in coordination with program staff.
▪ Assist MEL Manager and Program staff in the analysis of survey data and prepare reports.
▪ Liaise with programs concerned staff to ensure understanding of M&E requirements and best practices.
▪ Work closely with program coordinators and data management coordinator to compile beneficiary data, and making sure up-to-date data.
▪ Provide, in coordination with the Data Management Coordinator, MEL and Program team with regular program updates including up-to-date beneficiary reach, indicators update, in line with MEL plans.
▪ Collect success stories from the field, conduct focus group /Key informant interviews with the beneficiaries and provide insight of program implementation through field monitoring reports.
▪ Regularly report any key issues of monitoring and evaluation to the MEL Manager.
▪ Participate in needs assessment and research studies through collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data as appropriate.
▪ Participate in the design and conducting of post implementation monitoring surveys and share the findings with program management team.
▪ Participate in design and conducting lessons learnt sessions through collection, analysis and reporting of data to program management.
▪ Participate in promoting the culture of two way learning in the organization.
▪ Commit to and support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to beneficiaries and adhering to the code of ethics and policies of Mercy Corps and the norms in the local society.
▪ Perform work beyond normal office hours when necessary. Compensatory time-off is to be agreed in advance with the MEL Manager/HR.
▪ Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
▪ Any other duties as required by MEL Manager.
▪ Ensure that all office or field tasks and activities are implemented with a clear analysis and understanding of security management priorities.
▪ As part of our commitment to organizational learning – and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve – Mercy Corps expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
▪ Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our partners and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging partner communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
AUTHORITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
Supervisory Responsibilities NA
Reports Directly To: The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager Works Directly With: Director of Programs, The Cash Program Specialist, Cash Programming Advisor, other MEL team members, Finance and Compliance Department, Operations Department, Procurement Department, local partner NGOs, enumerators as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management, economic development, engineering, or any related field.
▪ 2+ years proved experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in INGO/funded projects.
▪ 1+ years of experience in supervising and leading data collection.
▪ 1+ years of experience in working with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
▪ High proficiency in using MS Office, especially Excel, database management and statistics packages: SPSS or other statistical package.
▪ Excellent Experience in data collection and data analysis.
▪ Experience in leading baseline, end-line, surveys, and FGD sessions.
▪ Experience in writing success stories and lessons learned.
▪ Excellent technical reporting skills.
▪ Fluency in spoken and written of English and Arabic languages is required.
▪ Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel, as well as with project partners and community members.
▪ Ability to conduct oneself with sensitivity and respect toward others
The successful MEL coordinator will be capable of multi-tasking, excellent communication and coordination skills with strong personality, have initiative, drive, and energy, and experience with on the job coaching. The ideal candidate will have the ability and curiosity to work comfortably and effectively with team members of varied work styles and cultures, follow procedures and meet deadlines with flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving. Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.