Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Communication Coordinator
Position Type: Regular, Full Time (Anticipated)
Location : Jabal An-Nar Club, Nablus
Duration: One Year with possibility of extension
Expected Starting Date: 1 October, 2022
Jabal An-Nar Club:
Jabal An-Nar Club was established in 2003 in Nablus to mainly target youth as they are active contributors in community development, and it constantly works to develop their skills and capabilities in order to reach their personal and social goals. In 2008 Jabal An-Nar Club developed The Youth Development Resources Center model (YDRC) in Nablus which offers various programs that aim to accomplish multiple goals manifested in: providing employment opportunities for youth, activating their social, cultural and technological roles, and contributing in the improvement of the social and entertainment conditions of children and marginalized people in the local community.
Mercy Corps and International Youth Foundation (IYF) are implementing the 5-year USAID-funded Positive Youth Engagement (PYE) activity and Jabal An-Nar will work club as regional partner in the north of West Bank under this activity. Tailored to the Palestinian context, this holistic five-year program will support 50,000 adolescents with a menu of activities, opportunities for engagement and leadership, and resources to pursue their goals with hope for the future along peaceful and productive pathways. PYE will draw on a suite of proven and contextually tailored tools, over a decade of research-informed programming on the 10–19-year-old age group, the trust and credibility that comes from a combined 35+ years of continuous operational experience across the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem (WBG), and local partners with strong networks and youth programming experience throughout WBG. The program will reintegrate older adolescents (15–19-year-olds) into social and economic life by empowering them to successfully pursue their goals and prevent younger adolescents (10–14-year-olds) from becoming isolated and disconnected from social and economic opportunities.
PYE is designed to deliver a three-pronged, mutually reinforcing program segmented by gender and age across the targeted communities in the west Bank ,Gaza, and East Jerusalem.
- Core programming that supports, protects, prepares, and engages adolescents in safe spaces located within a strong network of community- based organizations (CBOs),
- Tailored packages of activities, resources, and referrals that will set youth on individually selected Pathways building on the core curriculum to increase opportunities for youth to effectively contribute to social and economic development, and
- Opportunities for sustained community engagement and leadership through youth- led pathways with a focus on innovation, and social entrepreneurship, community-based and social media awareness raising and social dialoguing campaigns, in addition to mentorship of youth as part of Sustainable community- based youth networks
General Position Summary:
The M&E & Communication Coordinator will responsible for ensuring that the program adopts an effective mechanism for monitoring activities based on PYE M&E Guidelines and Donor requirements and to use the requested tools for both monitoring and evaluation tools, and to facilitate the accurate collection and precise analysis of relevant data in order to measure program progress and impact and help provide information to stakeholders for decision-making. He/She will support the Safe spaces teams and network of local partners in all of M&E related tasks. And also He/She is responsible for ensuring that all information, data, and success stories from the field are captured in collaboration with YDRC team and external teams from Safe spaces, documented and reported in a results-based and timely manner for internal purposes for PYE program and the club.
The M&E & Communication Coordinator Is responsible for developing communication materials (e.g., information sheets, press releases, social media posts) on PYE and club’s activities for external English and Arabic audiences .
Responsibilities and Duties
- Continuously monitor and verify the quality of data collection in the field, the flow of data from field throughout the program team, help the program to compile the data using the standard beneficiary template.
- Ensure that data collection, entry and analysis is as per PYE guidelines and donor requirements.
- Ensure that concerned program staff provide sufficient and accurate supporting document for the reported figures and progress on indicators.
- Supervise and provide relevant training to data collection enumerators making sure accurate and precise collection of data. Ensure the highest quality of work of task-support team (enumerators and field monitors) through conduct sample checks, and provide guidance, mentoring and support as appropriate.
- As per agreed plan, conduct field visits, joint visit, spot visits and random checks for the implemented activities to ensure the quality and progress of the implementation as per the agreed plans.
- Share the observations of the monitoring activities with the program management team
- Ensure that programs baseline and end line surveys, post distribution monitoring forms (PDM), pre & post surveys as planned in the PMP are implemented timely and according to the MEL protocol.
- Supervise/Lead the field implementation of data collection/entry of baseline, need assessments, evaluation, end-line, and post distribution monitoring (PDM) in coordination with program staff.
- Liaise with programs concerned staff to ensure understanding of M&E requirements and best practices.
- Work closely with programs coordinator and other safe spaces staff members to compile beneficiary data and making sure up-to-date data.
- Collect success stories from the field, conduct focus group /Key informant interviews with the beneficiaries and provide insight of program implementation through field monitoring reports.
- Regularly report any key issues of monitoring and evaluation to the program manager and MEL supervisors at PYE.
- Manage the translation of success stories, documents, and official letters from English to Arabic and vice versa as required.
- Ensure effective communications, visibility, and knowledge management within YDRC Team, PYE program and safe spaces teams, and to external audiences (e.g. localities, national).
- Implement and monitor a Branding and Marking Plan in line with USAID branding and marking guidelines at the level of PYE and local partners, mainly the CBOs and youth groups. Undertake field visits to gather the information and results related to the program in collaboration with the M&E Youth Researchers Unit/Team.
- Capture and share photo documentation for all key activities
- Any other duties as assigned by program manager/Executive Director.
Reports Directly To: program manager/Executive Director and MEL representative from PYE.
Works Directly With: program manager/Executive Director, MEL representative from PYE , YDRC team members, Safe Spaces staff members, other local partners, enumerators as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position.
- Good experience in working with youth projects or youth related development projects, child and adolescent development, or related field.
- Bachelor's degree in English literature and Translation, Information Management, Development Studies, Graphic Design or any other related field, a Master degree is highly desirable.
- Experience working in West Bank or Gaza, and existing professional networks within organizations and civil society actors engaged in youth development in Palestine.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender inclusion principles, human rights, and equitable approaches for positive youth engagement and development.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, teamwork, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic language and communication skills with a variety of audiences including businesses, other NGOs, government entities, the general public and the media.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Experience contributing to effective curriculum planning, design, adaptation and development.
- Experience in project design, project management, and training and capacity building.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to work well in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent skills using technology and computer software, including but not limited to, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and proven ability to build effective working relationships with employers and stakeholders
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply their CV and cover letter (at least one page in English) with explaining how you would contribute to the organization. To the email address: [email protected] before September 10, 2022. Please clearly indicate in the subject line Position. Emails with no position named in the subject line will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.