The Opportunity – Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant
Post location: West Bank Filed Office
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 12 months, 100% LoE
Save the Children seeks the role of MEAL Assistant to support the close monitoring of quality implementation of West Bank programme activities. He/she has a crucial role in following up and upgrading the accountability mechanism in West Bank. As part of enhancing the documentation of MEAL activities, the MEAL assistant will assist in creating and developing digitalized tools and data management systems.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior MEAL officer at WB Field Office
Staff reporting to this post: no direct reports
Budget Responsibilities: None.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Monitoring and evaluation of programs:
- Providing accurate qualitative and quantitative data collected in the field according to external and internal deadlines.
- Support smooth and complete transition to the new global SC Project Reporting, Information Management and Evidence System (PRIME), this includes storing and tracking key project data in the system and monitoring of project progress and identification of actions required to keep projects on track.
- Support projects’ teams in transition to a new internal digitalized MEAL system (to be activated), and providing required support to partners to utilize this system where required.
- Conduct monitoring and follow up visits to partner organizations and locations of activities’ implementation.
- Conduct field monitoring visits to assess implementation of quality benchmarks as per project MEAL plans.
- Conduct and support partners in implementation of focus groups discussions and data collection for reporting on project indicators.
- Support data collection for the purpose of internal studies, assessments, evaluations and any other data collection requirements.
- Support planning, implementation and follow-up of evaluations, for instance writing TORs, preparing literature review packs, recruiting evaluators, planning evaluator itineraries, planning staff workshops, leading report review. Participate in evaluations where required.
- Conduct simple data analysis and present and disseminate information to inform programme management.
- Undertake visits to the field throughout the project, as needed to support data collection or verify data quality; this includes the Data Quality Assurance (DQA) Guideline.
- Support data entry and reporting efforts if needed, and contribute to the overall implementation of assessment, monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Support data analysis and quality checking needs that may arise.
- Take a leading role in the implementation of activities of project MEAL plans in collaboration with the program teams;
Accountability and response mechanism CRM
- Support West Bank Senior MEAL officer in implementing accountability assessments in the targeted communities according to SC accountability benchmarks and other international standards.
- Conduct and facilitate sensitization and information sharing sessions within target communities on existing accountability mechanisms and means of contacting SC.
- Support West Bank Senior MEAL officer in conducting consultation sessions with adults and children to develop effective and child friendly accountability mechanisms for target communities.
- Receive, log and document all issues, suggestions, feedback and complaints delivered to SC through hotline, complaint boxes or any other feedback mechanism established by SC.
- Manage databases of information sharing and lead innovation of new mechanisms, tools and channels to improve participation of communities and their ability to provide feedback and raise concerns.
- Lead the mechanism of communication between the program team, toll-free operators and beneficiaries.
- Provide ideas and recommendations to strengthen accountability mechanisms and ensure that feedback received is used to inform program design and implementation.
- Refer all received complaints to relevant program teams for their action and make sure all issues are addressed/resolved.
- Respond to beneficiaries’ queries with good knowledge of relevant information when approached.
Support to MEAL unit functions
- Participate in team workshops, lessons learned and reflections seminars.
- Contribute and participate within West Bank staff, PDQ team and MEAL unit meetings including accurate reporting of successes and challenges.
- Support MEAL team in the development of sector log frames, plans, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks and plans.
- Support in the development of MEAL systems (Inc. output trackers) and their roll out to field staff and partners.
- Support the development of digitalized MEAL tools for programs and quality reporting using Kobo toolbox for example.
- Support the MEAL unit to achieve its goals through the occasional undertaking of additional activities that contribute to the overall ability of the organisation to achieve its stated outputs.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
Bachelor degree in business administration, statistics, social sciences, engineering or related field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Essential proven experience; at least 2-year experience in the field of MEAL at an international NGO
- Experience in data management and data analysis
- Experience in computer applications such as Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in using and developing computerized data collection tools such as Kobo Toolbox.
- Adequate proficiency in English language (written and spoken)
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below