Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational and non-profit making organisation working in the Palestinian Territory since 2002.
Action Against Hunger is recruiting for its Gaza office a
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Assistant
For a period of 6 months with possibility of extension depending on funding
The MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) Assistant will assist and support the MEAL officer in the implementation of the FCM mechanism in the Gaza base. The MEAL Assistant will be responsible for carrying out M&E activities and tasks, in line with the mission SOPs and the MEAL officer guidance.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Keep accurate records of data, activities and community/beneficiaries’ participation in monitoring activities.
- Ensure that data is collected and recorded ethically and within the remits of AAH policy on confidentiality and consent.
- Ensure data quality measures implemented during data flow process and meeting the standards.
- Responsible for field monitoring planning and implementation, and conduct regular field visits to all running activities, through close coordination with technical/program team and develop the required field reports.
- Provide support to the database/MEAL officer in the update on the Beneficiary information system including data entry, data cleaning and report production.
- Provide all necessary and accurate M&E data and analysis for internal and external reporting in a timely manner.
Accountability and Learning
- Support the MEAL officer in developing the information materials for complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- Support the MEAL officer in managing the AAH oPt Beneficiary Feedback Mechanism by receiving and filing complaints based on the pre-established protocols, including reporting to the Capital Office on a monthly basis.
- Keep complaints records confidential and only accessible to relevant staff according to the internal feedback mechanism guidelines.
- Support the MEAL officer in identifying and document lessons learned, generate best practices in cooperation with Field Officers, Heads of Projects, and on request by the Program Managers.
- Prepare regular monitoring reports including ongoing data analysis with status of implementation progress.
- Participate in preparing the monthly activity progress report in case of line manager’s absence.
- Collects and archives Means of Verifications (Hard copies and Softcopies) on monthly basis.
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree preferred in social sciences, information technology, economics, statistics, international relations, software engineering.
- Monitoring and evaluation, statistical analysis using Excel, SPSS or power-bi, technical communication, IT knowledge, data base and analytical software.
- 2 years minimum experience working in MEAL department in humanitarian aid organizations and/or international donors or private sector.
- Demonstrated experience data collection, data analysis (qualitative and quantitative), reporting skills, conducting field level data collection (FGDs, KIIs, KAP surveys, etc.)
- Good communication skills, strong analytical skills.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team, interpersonal qualities and diplomacy
- Excellent in reading, writing and speaking both Arabic and English.
- PowerPoint desirable, ODK/Ko-Bo smart data collection tools is a plus.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
From 56,364 ILS to 65,820 ILS gross/ year divided in 12 payments and based on experience. In addition, Action Against Hunger covers food and transportation allowances for a fully worked month.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunities employer. Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click on Apply Now -تقدم الان لهذه الوظيفة to access to the service
Applications will be accepted up to and including the 05/09/2021.
Only those candidates pre-selected for a test and an interview will be contacted.