UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women leads and coordinates United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women plays an innovative and catalytic role in the State of Palestine since its inception in 1997. UN Women Palestine Office focuses its activities on one overarching goal, namely, to support the implementation at the national level of existing international commitments to advance gender equality in line with the national priorities. In support of this goal, and thoroughly taking into consideration the specificities of the Palestinian context, UN Women concentrates its efforts and interventions toward the realization of following strategic goals: Mainstreaming gender in governance, peace and security; Supporting women's economic security and rights; and Promoting women’s rights and protection against violence.
To achieve its results, UN Women promote a culture of management towards achieving development results. Monitoring, research and evaluation is an integral part of this management approach allowing UN Women to continuously track its progress towards achieving developmental results and to track its processes and commitments towards Palestinian women, its partners and donors. This culture of continually monitoring progress and processes, identifying relevant data, and evaluating its work ensures a culture of accountability and ensures a culture of learning and adapting the work to ensure achievement of intended results and the formulation of evidence-based workable programme and projects.
To this end, UN Women County Office plans to recruit a Monitoring and Reporting Analyst to lead the work on improving and maintaining the Monitoring, Research and Evaluation system in place at UN Women Palestine Country Office.
Under the overall and direct supervision of UN Women’s Special Representative, and in coordination with UN Women’s Programme team, the Monitoring and Reporting Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the overall implementation of a Results-Based monitoring and reporting approach which includes:
Provide technical inputs to Strategic Note/A-BWP and Programmes formulation to ensure monitoring, reporting and evaluation are incorporated
- Lead, develop and support the implementation of the PALCO annual monitoring, research and evaluation plan.
- Support the development on UN Women Country Office Strategic Note and Work Plan (SN and A-BWP) reflecting sound results chain and monitoring and evaluation aspects
- Support the mid-term review process for the UN Women Country office SN and A-BWP
- Contribute to the formulation and strengthening and/or updating of programme/project’ logical frameworks and annual work plans to ensure the monitoring and evaluation aspects are fully integrated into projects activities
- Provide inputs to the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes;
- Provide inputs to annual and biennial work plan monitoring, reviews and reporting;
- Provide technical support to teams and partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, and Baseline Surveys;
- Facilitate the clearance of donor agreements and Programme Cooperation Agreements;
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and tracking of results against UN Women Strategic Note and A-BWP
- Coordinate with Teams to ensure data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across programmes;
- Ensure timely collection of data for monitoring the SN and A-BWP
- Monitor data from partners on a quarterly basis and provide inputs to regular management briefs to inform decision making;
- Visit partners, along with the Teams, to support monitoring of results and planning processes, as required;
- Monitor the spending of donor funds and other programme expenditures and disbursements;
Facilitate the reporting of results
- Coordinate and support the development of internal reports including quarterly and annual country reports as well as the annual report to UN Women SN and A-BWP
- Contribute substantial inputs to donor and programme reports (both narrative and financial);and ensure all are produced and shared with donors on a timely manner and in accordance with the signed contracts;
- Identify relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into programme reporting;
- Review progress reports submitted by partners and provided feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations;
- Support resource mobilization monitoring and tracking, and update the tracking system on an ongoing and timely basis.
Provide technical support to the PALCO in the implementation the UN Women Evaluation Policy
- Coordinate the implementation of UN Women’s Evaluation plan in the country office;
- Draft/revise Terms of Reference for specific project/programme evaluations;
- Ensure communication between the PALCO and RO regarding Evaluations;
- Review methodologies, scope of work, technical proposals and consultant qualifications for all evaluations to be contracted under UN Women’s country programme portfolio;
- Review, technically assess and provide feedback on all intermediate products and draft evaluation reports to ensure quality
- Ensure that evaluations meet high professional standards in line with UN Women and the UNDG Evaluation Norms and Standards;
- Support and nurture an evaluation culture within the UN Women Palestine country office;
- Support programme managers in and follow up on the timely implementation of evaluations’ recommendations and audit recommendations (ensuring proper uploading and execution of management responses) with the relevant team members.
- Include relevant inputs from evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations into SN, A-BWP and programmes’ formulation;
Contribute to knowledge building and capacity building
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons, and knowledge, as identified through programmes implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Contribute to the development of capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Monitoring and Evaluation among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities.
Contribute to UN Women PALCO’s mandate of coordination
- Acts as the focal person for UNSCDF M&E/Data group(s) and ensure gender is mainstreamed as part of the group’s work, in addition to coordinating UM Women’s feedback and its incorporation in relevant UNSCDF M&E efforts;
- Participates in and represent UN Women PALCO in coordination platforms related to monitoring and evaluation (including UN sister agencies and other partners);
- Maintains continuous communication and coordination with RO and HQ on monitoring and evaluation aspects as required.
- Acts as the focal point for the Trust Fund to end violence against women.
Key Performance Indicators
Timely and quality support to the programme team and partners in line with work plan
Quality and timely systems for tracking/monitoring
Timely submission of accurate and quality reports
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UN Women.
- Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to successfully implement strategies;
- Excellent drafting and presentation skills;
- Excellent Result Based Management and Proposal Development Skills;
- Ability to plan and organize work programme;
- Ability to apply M&E, RBM and partnerships building theory to the specific country context;
- Strong IT skills.
- Demonstrates substantive and technical knowledge to meet responsibilities and requirements of the post with excellence;
Knowledge, Management and Leadership:
- Possesses strong knowledge of right- based approach, international standards on Human Rights and women’s rights instruments.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Encourages risk-taking in the pursuit of creativity and innovation;
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Willing to work as a team, and promote a learning environment and a focus on results-based management;pr
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
- Possesses the capacity for strategic planning, result – based management and reporting;
- Ability to build a functioning network with stakeholders to support M&E activities;
- Knowledge of monitoring parameters, frameworks and evaluation procedures.
- Ability to synthesize programme performance data and produce analytical reports.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/Women's Studies is required.
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP, PRINCE2, or MSP) would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects/ programmes/interventions;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in experience in designing M&E systems and conducting and/or supervising evaluations;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of working on monitoring, evaluation and documentation of programmes on Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience on strategic planning process, result-based management and reporting, and programme formulation and implementation
- Experience in the United Nations systems is an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and advanced programs for data analysis.
- Fluency (both oral and written) English and Arabic
المسمى الوظيفي Monitoring and Reporting Analyst
آخر موعد للتقديم 05 - Dec - 2022
المكان القدس, رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية الماجستير
الخبرة 5 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-P11-Personal-History-Form.doc. Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment.
- Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
Link for application: UN WOMEN Jobs - 110302- Monitoring and Reporting Analyst (undp.org)
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة UN Women - هيئة الأمم المتحدة للمرأة
Women's Prosecution and Inclusion Analyst
رام الله والبيرة, العمل عن بعد
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
Monitoring and Reporting Analyst
القدس, رام الله والبيرة
Social Worker - MOSD
رام الله والبيرة
Lawyer - Ministry of Social Development
رام الله والبيرة
Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
رام الله والبيرة, العمل عن بعد
Consultant: Developing a National Women Survivors Reintegrat
العمل عن بعد
Life Coaching and Stress Management Sessions
العمل عن بعد