The Government of Palestine has received a financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and from OFID towards the cost of Resilient Land & Resource Management Project (RELAP), The Ministry of Agriculture is looking for M&E and KM Officer who can join RELAP project management unit in Ramallah. Job title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Project: Resilient Land & Resource Management Project (RELAP)
Areas: West Bank. (Ramallah office at Ministry of Agriculture headquarter with frequent travel in west bank)
Implementing organization: Ministry of Agriculture
Contract Duration: 1-year contract with possible extension, and 3 months of probation period shall apply.
RELAP will be implemented over a 6-year period, starting in the course of the second semester of 2018. Project investments are organized into three major components: i) Climate adaptive land development; ii) Market linkages for the rural poor; iii) Improved public services for up scaling climate resilient agricultural land use and production systems.
RELAP Overall objective: To improve the resilience, land security and livelihoods of rural producers’ households in selected villages of the west bank.
RELAP Developmental project: is to increase climate resilience, land productivity, agricultural production and marketing opportunities for smallholders and landless rural poor.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and knowledge management (KM) Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
The M&E and KM officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Manager in preparing reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
The M&E and KM officer works in close collaboration with work closely with project team and operations clusters, Government officials, private sector, non-government and civil society organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a simple but comprehensive M&E system to be fully described in a comprehensive M&E Manual (as part of the PIM), including detailed methodologies, tools (standard data collection forms and analysis tables), processes and responsibilities for the monitoring of project implementation (activities, outputs) and the measurement of results (outcomes, impact).
- Develop and maintain a simple MIS (Excel or Access-based) for the recording of M&E data and the preparation of standard consolidates tables for the tracking of activities, outputs and outreach.
- Provide inputs for the fine tuning of the targeting strategy (in particular for the definition of adequate selection criteria) and ensure that the M&E system will help track targeting and outreach performance (e.g. number and profile of beneficiaries, types of benefits received).
- Prepare terms or reference for the consultancy services, including the description of the proposed survey methodology (sampling frame and sample size, draft questionnaire) and provide the appropriate guidance to the selected service providers in order to ensure timely and reliable survey reports.
- Provide the necessary initial training and continuous guidance and technical support to all PMU staff and grassroots implementers in charge of data collection in order to ensure data quality and reliability.
- Organize periodic field visits in order to verify the quality and validity of M&E data submitted by grassroots implementers and collect formal and informal feedback from project beneficiaries on their satisfaction with project activities.
- Prepare quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress reports, as well as more regular summary performance tables and other dashboards; and prepare and update digital maps showing all project sites and interventions.
- Design and conduct periodic outcome surveys and other qualitative surveys in order to collect data and evidence of early outcomes or feedback from beneficiaries.
- Prepare consolidated RIMS tables and other data tables to be submitted to IFAD and the MoA.
- Identify implementation problems, bottlenecks or delays and inform Project Management about the need for corrective actions.
- Prepare a Knowledge Management (KM) Plan to identify the key topics worthwhile studying during implementation (e.g. women participation in agriculture, women access to legal land titles, applying climate smart agricultural techniques, etc.), the key tools and processes for the collection of required data, information and evidence, and the key tools and processes for the documentation and sharing of knowledge, lessons learned and best practices.
- Ensure that lessons learned and best practices are properly identified and documented through various means (studies, videos, case studies, print and web articles) and that they are regularly shared to the relevant audience (project partners, policy makers, development partners) through appropriate means (including the participation in relevant meetings and events).
- Organize and facilitate knowledge sharing workshops and events.
Measurable Outputs and Performance Indicators
- Preparation of monthly reports;
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing other relevant reports;
- Organize and conduct training on M&E for project staff
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;
- Provide input and update information related to project outcome.
- Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly and quarterly reports on project progress.
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the project;
- Develop M&E system for the Project and for the government counterpart.
- Prepare and maintain data base
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University Degree preferably in Agriculture, Economics, humanities, rural development or any other related fields.
- At least 7 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/ in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- In-depth knowledge on M&E and development issues
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior
- Valid clean driving license is advance.
How to apply?
Interested applicants must include the following documents:
- a curriculum vita (in English) provided with three references
- a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
- Copy of higher education certificate
- Copy of Tawjihi Certificate
- Copy of ID or Passport
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of training courses and past experience
- Personal photo
Please submit your application through the general personnel council portal (www.gpc.pna.ps) starting 01/11/2022 and no later than 08/11/2022.
Applications received will be periodically reviewed. Only candidates selected for further consideration or an interview will be contacted.