Palestinian Vision (PalVision) is a democratic, youth-run non-profit organization, established in 1998 striving to mobilize and empower Palestinian youth to achieve their aspirations, preserve their collective Palestinian identity and initiate youth-led sustainable development through volunteerism, social activism, entrepreneurship, lobbying and advocacy, on a local, national, and international levels.
PalVision is seeking to hire a full time Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer, who will be required to lead and support the organization’s monitoring, evaluation and reporting system; contribute to the achievement of objectives and results; and play a key role in promoting organizational learning continuously and strategically.
Summary of the Position
Stationed in Jerusalem, the M&E Officer will be reporting directly to the Programs Director. He/she will be responsible for the Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation (PME) aspect of the organization’s projects including developing, managing, and implementing a strategic PME plan, as well as supporting the project staff in preparing result-oriented reports to various donors. The M&E person will also contribute to developing the capacities of both the organization’s staff and partners in the field of M&E, as deemed necessary.
Under the line management of the Programs Director, the M&E Officer will work closely with PalVision’s Projects Managers and Project Officers.
The M&E Officer will be responsible for:
- Developing, tabling, and managing a new M&E system for the organization’s various portfolios and projects using Result-Based Management (RMB) standards. This entails creating M&E tools and techniques to ensure proper progress-tracking of projects and activities, as well as reporting on derived results.
- Assist in the development, monitoring and revision of the projects’ logical frameworks (logframes) in line with various donor requirements and the organization’s strategies.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the projects’ workplans in accordance with the project documents and donor requirements.
- Assist the Projects Managers in the preparation of result-oriented reports to donors, including regular, progress, semi-annual and final completion reports, or any other form of reporting as required.
- Organize and undertake M&E capacity building trainings for partners and staff as required.
- Provide feedback and guidance to Projects Managers on required strategies and strategic methodologies.
- Ensure effective implementation of the M&E system and tools through coordinating collection and validation of data (qualitative and quantitative) and through undertaking regular field follow-up visits with the aim of ensuring accountability and validation.
- Design and implement evaluation methodologies and tools that aim to result in reporting on lessons learned, as well as responding action plans for planning, improvement, and development.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required/preferred academic and professional qualification/work experience
- BA in social sciences (international development, Statistics, Socio-Economy, economics, business administration, Project management, etc.) or any relevant disciplines.
- At least 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with prior working experience in NGO environment with good reporting and writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of MEL different development approaches, trends, and automated systems.
- Preferred working experience in research methodologies, sampling and managing statistical models.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring project activities, data collection, and analysis dealing and fulfill multi donor MEAL requirements.
- Proven analytical and research techniques skills with demonstrated experience in collecting data through digital systems and good command of the software currently used.
- Team player, well organized, flexible, open minded and highly motivated.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent English writing skills.
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office software.
- Ability to deal with complex and sometimes stressful situations, while maintaining a professional and solutions-oriented attitude.
- Adhere to Palvision’s mission and core values.
- Maintain positive teamwork attitude.
- Eager to learn and adapt.
- Proactive and innovative.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- CV (including name and contact details of three references) (in English)
- One-page motivation/cover letter (in English)
Please submit the requested documents via Email to: [email protected] with email subject indicating the position you’re applying for, no later than Tuesday, March 9th, 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.