Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
With the programme “Strengthening of Police Structures in the Palestinian Territories”, Germany is making a comprehensive contribution to developing the capacity of the Palestinian Civil Police (PCP) as part of an institutional development process of their forces. The objective is as follows: The PCP operates to professional standards. Its approach is citizen-friendly and it acts in accordance with the principles of the rule of law. The police forces ensure security and order while respecting human rights. Strengthening community relations is a central part of their work. To this end, the community policing approach is mainstreamed in the context of structural reform in all police stations of the West Bank.
In order to support phase IV of the Police Programme, we are looking for a full-time (100%)
“Monitoring and Evaluation Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
The M&E Officer is responsible for
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) of programme implementation in coordination with the M&E advisor of the Governance Cluster
- Support to the main partner PCP in strengthening its M&E system
- Contributes to reporting and conducts specific research tasks
The M&E Officer performs the following tasks:
Monitoring and Evaluation 70%
- Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives together with implementation partners
- Updates and modifies monitoring and evaluation plans
- Coordinates / manages the data collection process with implementation partners and conducts regular analysis of the data collected
- Updates GIZ’s digital monitoring tool
- Coordinates with the M&E advisor of the Governance Cluster
- Supports the main partner PCP in strengthening its M&E system
- Prepares for and concludes all related service and procurement contracts in accordance with rules and regulations
- Keeps the programme manager updated about the M&E status, including deliverables, deadlines, and any other concerns.
- Prepares and present reports for the attention of the programme team and the main partner, the PCP
- Provides input to various project/programme publications including fact sheets, brochures, semi-annual reports, presentations, and contributes to other reports required by the programme manager
- Works closely with the communication focal point of the programme
- Supports the knowledge management of the programme and conducts research tasks which are required for planning and implementation of programme activities
- Supports the media activities of the programme
General Support 10%
- Translate work-related documents, and provision of interpretation service if necessary
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Adheres to/assist in implementing: GIZ corporate principles, procedures, systems, and ensure compliance with Orientations and Rules (O&R).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
University degree in an area of business administration, social sciences or any relevant field related to the programme objectives.
At least 10 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
At least 5 years’ professional experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation
Proven experience in project management; research experience in an area related to the programme’s requirements is desirable
Experience in the Governance and/or Rule of Law sector a strong asset
Ability to express oneself very well in Arabic and English, verbally and in writing; German is an asset
Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
Willingness to travel across the West Bank
Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Strong interpersonal skills and team spirit
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, CV and cover letter, no later than 22nd of September 2018.
Kindly state in the email subject “M&E Officer – SPS”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.