Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is all about. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
In Order to support the program “More Job Opportunities for Palestinian Youth, the Dual Studies Component”, we are looking for a full time (100%)
“Monitoring and Evaluation Officer”
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
The M&E officer is responsible for
- Monitoring and Evaluation in coordination with SED cluster M&E advisor
- Support of media and PR activities of the programme
- General support of the Dual Studies
The M&E officer performs the following tasks:
Monitoring and Evaluation 60%
- develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives together with implementation partners
- update and modify monitoring and evaluation plan
- Coordinate/ manage the data collection process with implementation partners and conduct regular analysis of the data collected.
- coordination of M&E system with SED cluster advisor
- Prepare for and conclude all related service and procurement contracts in accordance with rules and regulations
- Keep the AV updated about M&E status including deliverables, deadlines, and any other concerns.
- Preparation and presentation of reports for the attention of program management
Media and PR 30%
- Supports the media activities of the dual studies component of the programme
- Works closely together with the communication advisor of the programme
- compiles information materials for the media (basic material and for specific occasions) and distributes these systematically in line with the target group’s needs
- (further) develops suitable communication instruments for PR (e.g. brochures, fact sheets, advertising material, PowerPoint presentations, newsletters, information sheets for the country portfolio)
- manages service provider / consultants for marketing, advertising and production of promotional materials
- organises events
- supports foreign delegations and VIP visits to the programme
- updates dual studies website and Facebook page
General Support 10%
- Supports the knowledge management of the programme
- prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager
- Adhere to/assist in implementing; GIZ corporate principles, procedures, systems, and ensure compliance with Orientations and Rules (O&R).
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in an area of social sciences which is related to the project/ programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation
- At least 2 years’ experience in communication
- Experience in private sector an asset
- Ability to express oneself well both verbally and in writing; polished, target-group oriented style
- Experience in project and/or event management
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good knowledge Arabic and English verbally and in writing, German is an asset
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- knowledge of the dual study approach is an asset
- Strong personal skills and team spirit
Assignment: Starting 1st August 2018. 12 months’ contract with possible extension up to 30th June 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer, and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
A complete application must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected], which includes the attached applicant information form, the CV and cover letter, no later than 16th July 2018.
Kindly state in the email subject “M&E officer – MJO”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.