RTI (www.rti.org) is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative,
multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International is requesting applications for technical and operational roles on USAID-funded West Bank Early Grade Reading Activity. This activity will work closely with and support the Palestinian Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MOEHE) to enhance learning outcomes for Palestinian children at the primary level by improving Arabic reading instruction, and policies and practices at the government, community and school levels. Positions are based in Ramallah. Successful candidates must possess excellent oral and written communication skills including fluency in English and Arabic.
Monitoring and Evaluation/Data Quality Assurance Officer
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work under the direction of the Senior M&E Specialist to provide assistance in managing and implementing project’s M&E systems and procedures. The M&E Officer will support the development of information systems and program indicators and provide guidance to persons involved in data collection and analysis.
- Maintain the Project’s M&E system, including the development of performance indicators, milestones and baseline conditions
- Assist with the collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by other team members and Project counterparts
- Prepare data tabulations, reports, and presentations to support project activities
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports on the status of Project implementation; contribute to other Project reports such as annual work plans
- Contribute to development and implementation of project M&E system to measure specific project targets, working with Senior M&E Specialist as well as home office M&E support
- Ensures successful implementation of performance monitoring plan
- Produces performance monitoring reports describing progress made against agreed upon indicators
- Analyzes monitoring data to derive lessons for improvement and make recommendations
- Develops standardized reporting, performance monitoring, and evaluation among partners
- Work with subcontractors/partners as needed on their monitoring and evaluation efforts to ensure that necessary information is collected and presented in an appropriate and useful manner
- Regularly contribute to the review and update the project’s M&E plan
- Support efforts to track in-kind donations to the project as part of the USAID ingredients reporting requirements
- May support research and analysis efforts including organizing data for research reports and papers
Minimum Required Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in English and Arabic
- Ability to plan, develop, manage, and evaluate projects of the scope and complexity describe above is required
- A very good knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques, and practices of the professional field of specialization indicated
- Ability to present information in a clear and organized manner is essential
- Knowledge of and previous experience in USAID rules, regulations and guidelines
- Availability to travel
Individuals are invited to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) with current contact information and details of relevant experience to
indicating the position title applying for in the Subject line. Deadline is November 16, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
RTI International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.