Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Duty Station: West Bank
Duration of Contract: 16 months with the possibility to extend based on fund, availability and satisfactory performance.
Closing Date for Applications: November 22, 2021 – Time: 16:00 pm
The project aims to support unemployed Palestinian IT graduates to get jobs by upskilling to better meet the need of local and international job requirements. Despite the C-19 crisis, the number of jobs available in the Palestinian IT market is still growing and particularly for front end, back-end developers, and data specialists. The boom in the online retail and services is contributing to this growth. Despite this, fresh graduates from Palestinian universities face difficulties in meeting local and international jobs’ standards due to the learning gaps between supply and demand, which inhibit their access to such jobs, limit their ability to keep pace with technology shifts, and meet the challenges of a fast-moving digital landscape.
Background on PITA
Palestinian Information Technology Association of Companies – PITA is the voice of the ICT sector in Palestine. It has more than 150 member companies working in different ICT sectors such as software and outsourcing sector, hardware sector, training and consultancy sector, Internet and telecommunications sectors.
PITA is the reference and representative association of private ICT sector. PITA was founded in 1999 by a group of Palestinian entrepreneurs as a non-profit organization to advance the interests and positive societal impact of Palestine’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector. A new generation of forward-thinking entrepreneurs with a heritage that takes them back thousands of years in history is bringing together profound change to the technology and startup landscape. Having the vision towards “A nation nurturing innovation and contributing to world knowledge” and the mission “To lead the ICT sector towards an innovation-based economy”.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for designing and implementing the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan, and documenting the outputs and outcome results, challenges and mitigation plan of the project in coordination with the project consortium.
Reporting Line: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to project manager or general manager.
Main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Ensure direct implementation and supervision of the project:
- The M & E officer will work on a computerized system Like MIS, and follow up with the donor to submit reports and permanent follow-up in entering the necessary data.
- Oversee implementation follow-up and youth registration and ensure documentation of all beneficiaries’ documents as part of their ongoing capacity building as part of overall program performance management.
- Conduct field visits to attend trainings, one-on-one coaching or mentorship, etc., internship hosts, and employers, as needed, to ensure maintaining robust processes and procedures for data collection and the gathering of evidence for outputs and outcomes;
- Ensure to meet and exceed the monthly and quarterly performance targets and help team develop plans to get back on track in case of delays.
Ensure monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the project:
- Design, develop and implement the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan.
- Support field management and leading the collection of all needed evidencing documents for outputs and outcomes claims.
- Analyze data for indicators and beneficiary data
- Collecting evidence of outputs and outcomes and preparing outcomes claims for submission to supervision management.
- Entering data into the Management Information System (MIS) to ensure reporting integrity is maintained.
- Work with partners to find alternative ways –acceptable to the IVA- to document outputs and outcomes in the case that the currently required evidence is not available or accessible to collect.
- Hands-on support to PITA in data monitoring and documenting the outputs and outcomes results, challenges and mitigation plan of the project/s in consultation with the supervision management.
Ensure compliance and comprehensive performance of the project:
- Use the lessons learned from the above processes to continually improve performance of the project, employment services, data collection, and documentation, and eventual employment of youth.
- Develop case studies and success stories and other documents to demonstrate project impact
- Develop and utilize operational dashboards, risk registers and analysis on current challenges and opportunities facing the project.
- Develop M&E Standard Operation Procedures and train staff on them.
- Ensure project quality and accountability through field visits, providing support to programme team and developing appropriate tools and mechanisms to enhance quality delivery of projects.
- Lead project specific assessments (baseline, end line) and a multi-sectorial needs assessment and support in beneficiary selection process.
- Contribute to the development of M&E tools including data collection instruments in order to operationalize performance indicators,
- Contribute to the development of monthly, quarterly, annual and donor reports.
- Lead and/or facilitate internal and external project evaluations, and learning exercises.
- Responsible for Mission M&E capacity building plan and Conduct internal trainings on M&E for staff, management and partners.
- Ensure all information is centrally held, accurate and available including that held in databases and guide and support the development of appropriate data management systems.
- Support internal improvement processes (theory of changes, Log Frames and strategies).
- Report projects activities and achievements to line supervisor.
- Participate in other M&E and communications initiatives as needed.
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
- Preparation of monthly Progress Report.
- Review paper documentation -uploaded onto the MIS system- to that entered onto the system, to ensure its integrity and that is free of common data entry errors.
Promote an open, participatory, and teamwork organizational culture.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by PITA.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience:
Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position.
University degree in in business administration; economics, research methods, program assessment, evaluation or any related field with formal training in qualitative and quantitative analysis or related fields and equivalent work experience.
Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
Experience in project’s proposal & report writings; planning; implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
Statistical command and experience with data collection processes.
Knowledge of different monitoring tools (both quantitative and qualitative)
Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English.
Experience in developing links with NGOs; INGOs, government agencies & other stakeholders;
Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff.
Familiarity with different donors’ policies related to evaluation and performance management.
Advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Social Media channels, ads, promotion, Knowledge of website management systems
Ability to work under pressure and in a team, environment cutting across multiple departments.
Precise attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and proven ability to build effective working relationships with employers and stakeholders.
Ability to frequent travel as needed to target locations and meeting with different stakeholders,
Must be available to work with varied schedules including extensive afternoons and weekends as needed,
Taking initiative, capacity to prioritize, networking and partnership development, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (M&E Manager) is under the MEAL posision, and is responsible for carrying out and developing monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities in the project. S/he will manage a M&E work in close cooperation with PROJECT ACTIVIUTIES teams consisting of Soft/Business skills and technical training skills in coordination between the lead and co-applicant of the project.
Interested candidates are requested to send the followings:
- Their CV.
- Letter of Motivation with the Ref # of the post (as indicated above).
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
- must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] no later than 22/11/2021- Time: 16:00 PM, no later than 22/11/2021- Time: 16:00 PM.
Please indicate the Position Title in the email subject line. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.