MHPSS Consultant to provide self-care for psychosocial support staff and Technical supervision
Established in 1981, The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a non-governmental women’s, mass, developmental, and learning human rights organization that contributes to developing feminist struggle within national, social, and developmental dimensions. The organization believes that liberating women is connected directly with ending the occupation and establishing a full Palestinian democratic sovereign civil state. PWWSD is active all over West Bank including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip and is an active member in several local, regional, and global networks and coalitions.
The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) aims for a free and democratic Palestinian society based on gender equality, respect for human rights and social justice. The organization promotes women empowerment, women’s participation in the national struggle against the occupation, women’s contribution to the development processes, the entitlement of woman to political, economic and civic rights, women’s access to justice and their right to a life free of violence.
PWWSD core function focuses on provision of psychosocial and legal services including group and individual counselling and to provide women with the resources they need to combat gender-based violence, empower themselves politically, economically and socially, and transform their society to one that is inclusive, egalitarian and democratic. PWWSD takes a gender-responsive, rights-based approach, particularly regarding international human rights.
About the Project
The project “Integrated MHPSS Emergency Response in Gaza” is supported by theCFD and implemented by the Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD), during the period 1/6/2021 until 30/11/2021. The project aims to provide mental health and psychosocial support services, in addition to life-saving services for women, children, men and youth through partnership with a group of grassroots institutions in Gaza Strip.
To this end, PWWSD is seeking to hire a Mental Health and Psycho-Social Service Specialist (MHPSS) to assess and implement self-care sessions and technical supervision for service providers in PWWSD during the project period.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare a self-care program after aggression (6 Hours)
- Prepare Technical supervision for service providers(20 Hours)
- Prepare reports in Arabic and English after completing each activity in close coordination and consultation with PWWSD.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Post-graduate degree in mental health, counseling or related social science fields.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field of MHPSS, espcially in emergency settings, including child trauma, resilience & recovery, child development, work with parents & caregivers, and/or persons with disabilities.
- Experience in training and consultations is required
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English are required.
Interested consultants are required to prepare and submit the following:
- A Technical proposal including context (brief), approach, methodology, and work plan including the proposed timeframe (maximum 3 pages).
- Updated CV of the consultant.
- Financial offer: budget breakdown of the proposed costs in $ including VAT.