International Medical Corps is working to relieve the suffering of those impacted by war, natural disaster and disease by delivering vital health care services that focus on training, helping devastated populations return to self-reliance. IMC has been working in Gaza since 2009 and is currently implementing a project to support health service provision in partnership with local NGOs.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
International Medical corps is currently looking for: MHPSS Manager (1).
Capacity: Full Time Contract
Duration: 11 months with the potential for extension depending on available funding
Location: Gaza City.
Reports to Technical Coordinator
Scope of Work/Deliverables:
The Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Manager oversees International Medical Corps MHPSS programming within the country and will work closely together with local partners for the implementation of MHPSS projects.
- Coordinate and manage the MHPSS programming for the country
- Manage the MHPSS team, supervise activities and build capacity, support with team-building, performance reviews, and professional development of staff.
- Regular coordination and program status updating with Program Director and Country Director.
- Manage and coordinate all program related legal requirement in collaboration with Grants and Contracts Management Department.
- Closely work with national implementing partners and relevant government focal points for the implementation and monitoring of MHPSS projects.
- Provide continual technical guidance and support for MHPSS-related trainings and supervision as needed.
- Be closely involved with partners and review the national mental health treatment protocol and a revision of the free drug list for psychotropic medication.
- Represent IMC MHPSS on a national level with stakeholders and key government officials.
- Conduct field visits regularly for monitoring and evaluation, relationship building, capacity building and service quality assurance.
- Oversee all program activities and their timely and clinically sound conduction and facilitation, providing input where necessary.
- Coordinate the procurement and distribution of psychotropic medication with the logistics and finance department and local partners and government agencies.
- Ensure functioning of adequate monitoring systems for the use of psychotropic medication, coordinate with implementing partners.
- Support and advise the functioning of MHPSS referral pathways with partner NGO(s) and external service providers.
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation of MHPSS programming, and development of M&E tools and collection and analysis of program data.
- Oversee internal and external MHPSS reporting on a regular basis and ensure quality of reporting.
- Work closely with support departments to support program administration and the logistical implementation of activities in program sites.
- Manage the program budget for MHPSS and coordinate with the finance department regularly.
- Coordinate regularly with other teams, including Health, RH/GBV and Nutrition, for integrated approach to activities and trainings.
- Implement the project in line with IMC and global MHPSS standards and guidelines and closely coordinate with IMC's Technical Unit Global Mental Health Advisor for development and review of training materials and reports.
- Participate in MHPSS coordination meetings for information sharing, collaboration with partners, referral mechanisms, and advocacy for best practices and IASC MHPSS guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Typically, a 4-year University degree in related area. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate
- The qualified candidate is a mental health professional (psychologist, clinical social worker, or psychiatrist) with experience in MHPSS program management and coordination.
- Typically, 5+ year of relevant and progressive experience working in mental health related field, including minimum of 2 years of professional experience managing and coordinating MHPSS projects in humanitarian settings.
- Knowledgeable in and experience following IASC Guidelines on MHPSS in Emergencies and international best practices on the integration of MHPSS into primary health care settings.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in the assessment, design, and delivery of responses to pre-existing and emergency induced MHPSS needs.
- Training experience required; capacity and proven track record in national staff and partner training and capacity-building.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Honest, hardworking and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within different cultural environments
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team structure or independently, flexible, and can cope with stressful workload
- An excellent command of verbal and written English.
How to apply.
- Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are encouraged to send their CVs and Cover Letter to [email protected], Indicating in the subject line: MHPSS Manager, no later than April 25, 2022.
- CVs and Cover Letter must be submitted in English.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Website for Contracts misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.