Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges - Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality - and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel is about to start the implementation of a new cooperation portfolio (NCP) for Palestine. This program will on the one hand build on the successes of governmental cooperation over the past decade and on the other hand, also provide a response to the Palestinian and global challenges of this decade.
Belgian development cooperation has supported the Palestinian territories since 1993 - initially through delegated cooperation. Direct governmental cooperation was started in 1997 for an amount of 15 million euros and the fourth and provisionally last agreement (2011) evolved to 71.6 million euros (2012-2015). This program was extended in December 2020 with an additional budget of 10 million euros. The new portfolio is proposed for a period of 5 years (2022-2026). An indicative budget of 70 million euros is allocated for the new 2022-26 portfolio.
The new portfolio, titled “Empowered youth in a green Palestine” (EYGP) will focus on 2 pillars: The first one focuses on the empowerment of youth based on civic engagement, protection and a continuum between developing competencies, skills, access to employment and entrepreneurship. The second pillar, on the other hand, is dedicated to climate action, based on support to the development of an emerging green and circular economy with the view to contribute to a sustainable and inclusive Palestinian society, and reduce environmental hazards and dependency on non-renewable natural resources.
Enabel Palestine is seeking to recruit a highly qualified candidate who has operational experience in the field of mental Health & psychosocial Support to fill the position of “MHPSS Expert.” The Successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of relevant activities of the new portfolio relating to MHPSS planning, programming, capacity development, technical support, coordination, and partnerships in the whole Palestinian territory with a focus on the Gaza Strip.
The period of assignment is 4.5 years.
Under the direct supervision of the Intervention Manager, you will:
- Contribute to the implementation of the intervention by providing inputs for planning, execution, coordination, follow-up and monitoring, and evaluation of activities to ensure that the results of the intervention (outputs – outcomes) are achieved within the set execution deadline.
- contribute to project cycle management in the field of MHPSS for young people, by providing the necessary technical inputs and expertise in the fields of mental health and psychosocial support and counselling with a view to achieving technical performance in accordance with national and international norms and standards.
- Organise knowledge building, management and sharing in the field of MHPSS, both internally and with external stakeholders.
- Supervise and contribute to maintaining excellent working relationships with strategic and implementing partners in the field of MHPSS and ensure the quality of MHPSS activities supported by Enabel
- Strengthen working relations with other related interventions, experts and organizations involved in the provision of MHPSS services, especially those focusing on young people.
- Provide input to policies and plans as required, including referral systems, standard operating procedures, and advocacy documents.
- Ensure harmonization of MHPSS activities and strategies and alignment with Enabel’s policies and commitments, drive the exchange of expertise and practices and provide a country level analysis of trends as well as aggregated reporting on MHPSS.
- Participate in MHPSS coordination mechanisms with all relevant stakeholders in Palestine and circulate information as relevant with and from these platforms.
- Support and build capacity of implementing partners for activities and strategies related to young Palestinians in need of MHPSS support and specialized mental health services.
- Contribute to developing communications and advocacy related actions on MHPSS services provision and issues, with relevant Palestinian authorities, policy makers, civil society organizations, UN agencies, and the public, based on practices and models developed through the intervention under his/her responsibility
- Identify deviations, risks, and other aspects that could affect the objectives on MHPSS related activities of the portfolio, with the purpose of suggesting corrective actions.
- Assist in the organisation and coordination of meetings, workshops, seminars, and network cooperation in the fields of MHPSS.
- Perform other duties related to issues relevant to Enabel portfolio assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Contribute to the multi-year planning, in consultation with the Intervention Manager and the partners, as well as the operational and annual planning.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications and experience
• You hold a master’s degree ideally in the field of clinical or counselling Psychology, mental health, or related field.
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in the fields of mental health and psychosocial support.
• Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing, and managing MHPSS programs, with a strong understanding of protection issues linked to MHPSS programs.
• Professional experience in evidence-based psychological interventions in the field of Child and youth Mental Health, community-based MHPSS as well as staff wellbeing and care.
Required skills and knowledge
• You have excellent knowledge of concepts, standards and main debates related to the themes of mental health and psychosocial support, gender equality, adolescence, and youth in Palestine and worldwide.
• Proven hands-on practical experience in structured/specialized MHPSS intervention packages.
• Experience in integrating MHPSS dimensions in thematic programming.
• Proven capacity to train, supervise, and coach people and organizations in MHPSS technical skills and coordination.
• You have good knowledge of IASC Guidelines on MHPSS in Emergency Settings and linkages with the development sector in a nexus approach.
• You have good experience in Counselling skills and clinical supervision.
• You have excellent knowledge of, and a strong commitment to the values of gender equality
• You have good experience in working with data and research in fields of MHPSS.
• You have good skills in leading meetings, workshops, and groups.
• You are familiar with working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
• You show you are an initiative builder allowing your colleagues to count on your commitment to the team.
• You build strong proposals and bring innovative solutions to issues you encounter.
• You are able to work and evolve in a changing environment.
• You are familiar with results-based management and log frame approach
• You are familiar with theories of change.
• You master knowledge management and knowledge building.
• You have excellent analytical and writing skills.
• You have a strong affinity with and easily use various digital tools and new technologies.
• You are fluent in spoken and written Arabic. Considering the working language of Palestine and the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is also required.
• You are also required to commit to the vision, mission, and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
• An exciting job in an international environment.
• A contract for a term of 54 months based in Gaza, with some working days possible from Ramallah/Jerusalem.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 6), and benefits. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant recognized experience for the function.
• 13 month salary.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate based on gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.