- Location: Jordan or the Palestinian Territories
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Job Type: Consultant
Eurasia Foundation (EF) is a Washington DC-based international development nonprofit organization that specializes in delivering locally driven approaches and innovative programming with a focus on civil society strengthening, governance and civic engagement, positive youth development and educational and professional exchanges. EF has been working in the Middle East for over 10 years and seeks the services of an international development professional and MENA-based expert to support EF’s new business strategy in select countries in the Middle East. West Bank/Gaza is the first priority country for this assignment, with the option of adding other MENA countries later. This is a short-term assignment, not to exceed 24 days of labor over a three or four- month period. The consultancy term may be extended, subject to satisfactory performance and EF’s continued strategic interests in the MENA region. Expected start date is immediate.
Relationship Building (30%)
- Engage with the local development community including leading civil society organizations (CSOs), international organizations and relevant authorities working in areas that align with Eurasia Foundation’s practice areas and expertise in the West Bank/Gaza.
- Facilitate introductory meetings for EF staff with potential local partners.
- Shortlist reputable local CSOs for potential partnership and include full contact information.
- Provide a list and contact information of local authorities in relevant ministries and other government entities.
Donor Mapping (30%)
- Assess the international development funding landscape and opportunity forecast for the West Bank/Gaza including current donors, implementers and local partners.
- Provide a summary of potential funding opportunities, relevant to Eurasia Foundation practice areas and expertise.
- Identify sector-specific programming priorities in the technical areas relevant to Eurasia’s expertise.
- Provide recommendations for new strategic directions and potential project ideas.
Competitive Analysis (30%)
- Present a detailed analysis of ongoing USG and multi donor funded projects in the area of civil society, youth development, higher education and economic growth.
- Assess the performance and reputation of leading international implementers within the USAID mission, local government institutions, and the CSO community.
Other Duties (10%)
- Support recruitment of project staff and technical experts.
- Facilitate capture trips for EF program and business development staff.
- Provide local pricing and cost estimates for operational and program costs.
- Outreach or information gathering on other countries in the region as needed.
- Advanced degree in international relations, political science, economics or other technical area relevant to EF’s practice areas;
- A proven record of at least seven years of experience conducting successful business development, capture management, proposal planning and design;
- Strong familiarity with USG solicitations; experience with other international and multilateral donors, a plus;
- Strong familiarity with the cultural, political, social and developmental context in MENA;
- Extensive experience working in the international development field;
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, research, and negotiation;
- Experience in meeting facilitation and stakeholder engagement;
- Ability to work independently and remotely;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.);
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to
with “MENA Consultant” in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to respond to those we select for interviews.