CLOSING DATE: August 11th, 2019
ORGANIZATION: Right To Play – Palestine
WORK LOCATION: Ramallah, Palestine
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities. With programming in over 15 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than 1.9 million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children. Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Visit us at www.righttoplay.com.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist (MELS) reports directly to the Country Director (CD). The incumbent receives technical advice and supervision from the Regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager/Specialist as well as the HQ Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, where applicable. The MELS collaborates with staff, not only at the country office level, but also within the broader region and across the organization, globally. The primary roles and responsibilities of the MELS are to (a) manage and implement Right To Play’s country-level monitoring, evaluation and learning plan, within the scope of the overall Country Strategic Plan, and country-based needs and contexts; (b) coordinate and supervise the monitoring of program activities, and outcomes and support the development of program reports; (c) support program planning at the country level by conducting appropriate assessments and through the provision of technical assistance; (d) manage country specific program evaluations; (e) help the country office utilize the findings in their planning and decision-making; and (f) contribute to the Global MEL Strategy as a member and lead of the one or more strategic working groups. The MELS leads the MEL system across the country and plays an active part in the global Right To Play Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning community by contributing to the organization’s understanding of its program approaches and outcomes
Job Responsibility #1: Output and Outcome Monitoring (35% of Time):
- Develops and implements an effective system for output monitoring data management and sharing data from project sites to country office.
- Ensures that data is collected, cleaned and analyzed for timely submission to the Country Office, Regional Office and HQ as per the task and/or program.
- Ensures data quality and integrity by periodically conducting spot checks and/or field visits to verify data and/or investigate any data anomalies.
- Ensures Country Office and field staff have clarity on program-wide metrics (including definitions), processes, and systems.
- Develops and implements country-specific plans and budgets for outcome assessment activities, ensuring alignment with key program measurement dates.
- Coordinates and implements program outcome assessments once a year.
- Coordinates the required field preparation prior to all MEL activities related to outcome assessments.
- Supports the development and refinement of data collection and data entry instruments required for the program.
- Conducts data audits and checks to ensure accuracy in data collection and entry.
- Leads country-based internal and external assessments for quality control purposes.
- Conducts high level analysis on quantitative and qualitative data collected.
- Ensures data storage is in line with standards and norms and prescribed in the Global MEL Strategy.
- Coordinates access to, and retrieval of, secondary data.
- Ensures timely and comprehensive responses to donor-based data inquiries as needed.
- Supports country staff to understand MEL requirements for annual reporting.
- Identifies innovations and improvements to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of country-based data collection, storage and management.
Job Responsibility #2: Evaluations and Studies (30% of Time):
- Coordinates overall process of country specific program evaluations such as needs assessments, baselines, mid-terms, formative and final evaluations.
- Develops appropriate budget for evaluations, terms of reference (ToRs) and requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Leads the review and rating of technical proposals for consultant selection, and manages consultants over the evaluation phases.
- Ensures timely and quality completion of evaluations and submission of evaluation reports.
- Compiles country-specific summaries of results and findings from evaluations, according to reporting templates and guidelines and submits these, as required.
- Supports research initiatives as appropriate and provides critical input and feedback throughout the conceptualizing, planning and implementation process.
- Leads the identification and establishment of suitable academic and research partners at country level.
Job Responsibility #3: MEL Capacity Building and Training (10%):
- Trains partner staff and Right To Play staff in output monitoring and outcome assessments procedures, standards and tools.
- Trains data enumerators such as Field Facilitators and partner staff on data collection tools and processes.
- Provides workshops as needed on MEL for country staff, partners and stakeholders.
Job Responsibility #4: Supports and Facilitates Country Planning Processes (10%):
- Supports Country Office, Regional Office and HQ office in developing logic frameworks for new programs and reviews logic frameworks for existing programs including the identification of appropriate outcomes and SMART indicators.
- Supports program teams to ensure indicators are linked to appropriate evidence and backup within the database;
- In collaboration with other staff in the Country Office, Regional Office, and HQ office, identifies program and decision-making implications of MEL findings.
- Develops summary materials and delivers presentations on MEL findings to staff, partners, beneficiaries, and/or other stakeholders.
Job Responsibility #5: Supporting the Development and Strengthening of Global Mel Strategy
(5% of Time):
- Participates in RTP’s Global MEL Strategy Working Groups, MEL workshops, trainings and consultations.
- Shares MEL good practices, lessons learned and other insights with RTP MEL colleagues through the Global MEL Community of Practice.
- Maintains regular communications with the Regional MEL Manager, and Director, MEL where applicable.
- Supports other global MEL initiatives as required and as agreed to by the Country Director
Job Responsibility #6: Dissemination of findings and integration into planning, and decision-making
(5% of Time):
- Provides technical support to develop country-specific plans for reviewing, discussing, and sharing the results.
- Leads the country specific activities (e.g. meetings, workshops) for reviewing, discussing and sharing results.
- Consolidates country wide results for communication, learning and knowledge management purposes.
- Works with Communication team to develop appropriate materials such as documents, presentations that outline the results and findings.
- Identifies key learning questions for discussion related to program implications of findings and recommendations.
- Implements and leads appropriate mechanisms to ensure effective response and actions taken upon evaluations recommendations.
Job Responsibility #7: Perform Other Duties (5% of Time):
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Masters degree in social sciences, project development or related discipline to MEL and/or significant relevant experience in lieu of education.
- Training in Monitoring and Evaluation such as university courses, workshops, certificates.
- 5 years of practical experience developing and implementing monitoring evaluation and learning frameworks (developing logic frameworks, outcomes, indicators, targets and data collection plans).
- 1 year of practical experience working with social programs.
- 3 years supporting and/or managing major evaluations (baseline, mid-term, final.)
- Proven knowledge and experience in development of both quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments
- Experience conducting analysis for quantitative data and qualitative data.
- Experience managing data sets (coordinating data entry, ensuring data quality, managing data confidential storage).
- Expertise and experience in designing data collection tools both qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation processes for NGO programs
- Advanced interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically and to identify trends.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work appropriately with a variety of populations and stakeholders, including children, youth, parents, teachers and school administrators, government, and other partners.
- Proven written communication and presentation skills, presenting evaluation findings through a variety of mediums— data visuals (graphs), reports and presentations
- Strong background in program evaluation methodologies
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research approaches and best practices, and of child-friendly data collection methods
- Knowledge of SMART indicators
- A strong working knowledge of issues related to development and humanitarian programming (education, health, sport for development, community development, refugee and internally displaced populations, gender equity, inclusion and advocacy)
- Computer literacy in statistical analysis software, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet usage
Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Ability to work appropriately with a variety of populations and stakeholders, including children, youth, parents, teachers and school administrators and government
- Experience designing and leading evaluation or research studies
- Experience conducting data collection with children
- Expertise and experience in training and capacity-building (e.g., developing and delivering workshops, mentoring and supporting colleagues, etc.)
- Experience identifying program implications and recommendations from data findings
Employment Start Date: Sep 2019
Contract Duration: One year to be renewed
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
المسمى الوظيفي MEL Specialist
آخر موعد للتقديم 11 - Aug - 2019
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية الماجستير
الخبرة 5 Years
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
[email protected] and kindly include “Position Name” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory police record check as a condition of employment.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Right To Play
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Driver and Logistics Assistant
رام الله والبيرة
رام الله والبيرة
Consultant to conduct data analysis, evaluation and ...
قطاع غزة, رام الله والبيرة
31, Oct, 2019
13, Oct, 2019