Stars of Hope Society (SHS) Located in Ramallah, a non-profit association, registered by the Palestinian Authority, and founded in 2006 under the charitable Association and civil Bodies with license number RA-22493-C.
Stars of Hope Society is a lead organization for women with all types of disabilities in Palestine. It is a woman-centered organization, which works on a collective model. Women with disabilities run our organization, to help and empower other women with disabilities. It is the only organization of its kind in Palestine and one of a very small number internationally.
Stars of Hope Society is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of a MEL officer.
Position Ref #: SHS_2021_Montioring, Evaluation and learning officer
Position Type: Part Time %50 – (or more pending the avialability of fund)
Duration: 1 year - with possible extension
The MEL officer will be responsible for the management of SHS overall MEL functions, designing and implementing the MEL SHS activities; assisting the programs manager and projects leaders in preparing Quarterly and Annual reports (performance and progress reports). MEL officer will be responsible for the data collection & analysis related to SHS projects and programs.
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Prepare annual MEL plan.
- Closely monitor programs/ projects progress against intended results and relevant indicators.
- Lead MEL plan implementation (examples, prepare TORs for MEL related tasks, lead the development and design on MEL tools, participate in data collection using different methods (e.g conducting reflection sessions, focus groups, etc.)
- Contribute to data analysis, with the support of technical officers and projects leaders, in order to provide recommendations on project improvements and/or corrective measures.
- Produce frequent MEL progress reports with status of results.
- Follow up on results frameworks ensuring reflection on learning (e.g. stories of success documentation).
- Work in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to strengthen the quality and consistency of MEL activities in the field.
- Provide MEL findings and recommendations to support performance planning and risk analysis and mitigation.
- Support the head of operations in action planning for all projects.
- Data quality assurance.
- Participate in the development of project proposals and concept notes.
- Participate in donors meetings as required, especially when related to MEL.
- Prepare regular/ monthly reports to the programs manager
- Contribute to the association’s quarterly reports.
- Perform other related duties as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Economics, Management Information System, Social Development, Development, Performance Management, strategic planning statistics or other relevant field.
- At least 3-4 years of professional experience in a similar position within NGOs.
- Proven experience in project management; research experience in an area related to the programme’s requirements is desirable
- Excellent Arabic-English written and oral communication skills, including presentation
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Knowledge of project cycle management and disability development programming
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in computer skills and use of data management related software/programs.
- Successful experience in proposal writing is a plus.
Besides monthly pay and related benefits, Stars of Hope Society, through its partnerships, provides excellent skills development opportunity for its staff.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the administration department via e-mail: [email protected] latest by 22nd of May, 2021.
Please ensure that you state the title of the post & the Ref # that you are applying for as subject of your email.
Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for this vacancy
We thank all applicants for their interest, but regret that only short-listed candidates will be
contacted. All applications will be treated with confidentiality.