Chemonics International seeks a MEL Associate for a newly awarded, USAID-funded project promoting economic growth in the West Bank and Gaza through expanded economic development, trade, commerce, and applied research. The five-year project has three main objectives:
- Objective 1: Facilitate Cooperative Exchange and Knowledge Sharing
- Objective 2: Foster New Markets
- Objective 3: Enhance the Capacity of Targeted Entities
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The MEL Associate will assists with developing, testing and refining data collection approaches, systems, tools and processes for program monitoring in line with the required donor indicators.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist in adapting an appropriate approach to MEL planning, site visits and site visit summaries, results data collection, analysis and reporting, working closely with MEL Team.
- Support and track data from project activity implementation to ensure it adheres to the approved work plan and deliverable schedule, and troubleshoot deviations with the supervision of the MEL Specialist
- Assist in the preparation of site visit plans and prepare site visit summaries for circulation.
- Assist in accurate and timely data collection for project activities, following established MEL procedures, and ensure common understanding among teams on data collection expectations.
- Assist in the drafting of MEL reports, drawing on data from site visits and conducting additional research as required.
- Provide ongoing administrative support to Field monitors to include the preparation of payment packages and ongoing communications.
- Assist in developing and managing MEL templates, trackers, surveys, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Assist grantee with report preparation to ensure that reports capture results (outputs and outcomes) and impact.
- Edit and/or assist other project staff in drafting impact and results summaries for grants and/or other donor reporting as required.
- Provide support to program staff in monitoring events as well as other research tasks upon request.
- Provide background information for indicators to the grants and procurement teams in preparation of negotiation memos for submission to USAID, supporting the development of first drafts.
- Document lessons learned and best practices in MEL according to USAID guidelines.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the MEL Team Leader.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Basic qualifications include:
- University degree in social sciences or related field required;
- Minimum 1 year of experience in working with data collection and analysis, tools for MEL and adaptive management is preferred;
- Prior experience with international development projects is preferred;
- Experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and orientation on the result;
- Attention to details, versatility, and integrity;
- Skills in SPSS and Microsoft Excel;
- Willingness to learn the usage of modern tools on data analysis and visualisation;
- Proficiency in Arabic and English is required
To apply, please complete the form linked below by February 09, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/