Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters, and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Jenin district, we are recruiting a:
Contract type: 6 months fixed term contract (Including 3 months probation) with the possibility to extend after.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Verbal interpretation, in person or remotely, during daily medical activities (medical rounds, consultations, interviews, meetings, etc.) and written translations, from English to Arabic or vice versa, ensure accurate, respectful, fluent, and confidential communication between medical staff and the local population.
- Inform medical staff about important cultural nuances to consider during a meeting, medical consultation or interview with local people.
- Participate in staff training and meetings as an interpreter.
- Provide face-to-face interpreting, as well as during telephone and radio calls or other telecom devices, when necessary.
- Adapt communication to any circumstances, using appropriate language registry as well as diplomatic and courtesy manners.
- Translate MSF internal/external documents into local language(s).
- Keep a record of all translated documents.
- Look after all equipment provided, i.e. dictionaries or other books that belong to MSF
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Ability to work in hospitals and high-risk zones.
- Ability to work in community-based activities.
- Stress Management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A university degree in English language or translation.
- Desirable work experience with MSF or other NGOs.
- Health knowledge is desired.
- Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Initiative, creativity, and flexibility
- Capacity to adjust to change
- Interest in helping vulnerable population
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, and CV with reference details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
With the reference: Medical Interpreter Jenin.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date 9th October 2023 MIDNIGHT