Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of religion, creed or political affiliation. To develop this work from the Jenin district, we are recruiting a:
Providing optimal preventive and psychosocial aid to people with mental health and psychosocial needs at community level according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Verbal interpretation, in person or remotely, during daily medical activities (medical round, consultations, interviews, meetings, etc.) and written translations, from English to Arabic or vice versa, in order to ensure accurate, respectful, fluent and confidential communication between medical staff and local population.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Inform medical staff about important cultural nuances to consider during a meeting, medical consultation or interview with local people.
- Participate in staff trainings and meetings as an interpreter.
- Provide face to face interpreting, as well as during telephone and radio calls or other telecom devices, when necessary.
- Adapt communication to any circumstances, using appropriate language registry as well as diplomatic and courtesy manners.
- Translate MSF internal / external documents into local language(s).
- Keep record of all translated documents.
- Look after all equipment provided, i.e. dictionaries or other books that belong to MSF
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Ability to work in hospitals and high-risk zones with Covid 19 patients.
- Ability to work in community-based activities.
• Stress Management.
• Essential secondary education, university degree in English language is desirable.
• One year of similar experience in INGOs is an asset.
• Health knowledge is desired.
• Capacity to work in a multidisciplinary team
• Initiative, creativity and flexibility
• Capacity to adjustment to change
• Interest in helping vulnerable population
• Excellent in English and Arabic essential
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, CV with reference details to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Human Resources Departement
With the reference: Medical Interpreter Jenin. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date 28th February 2023 MIDNIGHT