Medical House Officer, Jerusalem– National position
Position type and closing date
Full time position, National Position.
Location: Based in Jerusalem
Reports to: Head of Pediatric Hemato-Oncology Department
Closing date for applications: 11 October 2022
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital (AVH) is a medical center of excellence that has been providing healthcare services and other health programs for about 70 years to Palestinians, including refugees from throughout the West Bank and Gaza. AVH, a program by the Lutheran World Federation, serves patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, or political conviction, without discrimination or favoritism; It is a modern tertiary care facility that serves the most disadvantaged patients from Gaza and the West Bank and has a special historic relationship with the United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/World Service.
Terms of Reference
Main outcome of the role:
The medical house officer is a core member of the multidisciplinary team and offers cancer patients a comprehensive and systemic approach to treatment and care, prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and support, thereby complementing the skillsets of cancer specialists from other disciplines. Medical house officers are trained in the comprehensive management of cancer patients, disease symptoms, the safe delivery of systemic cancer treatments and the management of treatment side effects.
- Adhere to safety and infection control policies followed at Augusta Victoria Hospital.
- Conduct Cancer screenings.
- Collect medical information on patient histories.
- Inform patients about the treatment options available for their cancer.
- Work with patients to explain a diagnosis and stage of cancer, discuss treatment options, and assist in managing the side effects and symptoms of cancer and its treatment.
- Perform physical assessments to detect cancer.
- Lead a cancer treatment team of various healthcare professionals.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment, including chemotherapy, targeted therapy, hormonal therapy and immunotherapy.
- Assist patients with pain management.
- Provide support for cancer patients.
- Perform basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing cancer information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Follow up with patients after finishing treatment for localized disease (active surveillance).
- Work in partnership with professionals from other disciplines to continuously provide evidence-based quality cancer care while striving to further accelerate medical progress for the benefit of each individual patient.
The Job description is subjected to renewal according to the work need and it will be used as the base for the employee annual evaluation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A medical degree from an accredited medical school by the MOHE or MOH.
- Registered Doctor with Palestinian medical Association.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with departments and staff and work effectively with them.
- Effective communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate with patients, caregivers, and fellow medical professionals.
- A caring and compassionate nature when dealing with patients.
- Teamwork-oriented and demonstrated flexibility.
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning and problem-solving.
Respect and promote ethical values and human rights. In addition, maintaining professional relationships and acting as guides.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing 75.5 million Christians in 99 countries. LWF World Service works in 25 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. LWF Jerusalem program has served the Palestinians in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza through humanitarian, health and educational programs since 1948. LWF manages the Augusta Victoria Hospital, two vocational training centers in Ramallah and in East Jerusalem and its central office is on the Mount of Olives.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below