Medical Doctor for the Oncologist, Gaza Strip– National position
Position type and closing date
Full time position, National Position.
Location: Based in Ahli Arab Hospital - Gaza
Supervising: No supervision responsibilities
Closing date for applications:20st of August 2023
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital as part of the LWF World Service Jerusalem program will implement a 5-year project in the area of “Developing Cancer care capacity in the Gaza Strip” funded by Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe in cooperation with the Al Ahli Arab Hospital by pooling technical, scientific, physical infrastructure and human resources with the ultimate goal of building the capacity for the provision of oncology care and services to the whole population in Gaza.
The Augusta Victoria Hospital (AVH) is a medical center of excellence that has been providing healthcare services and other health programs for about 70 years to Palestinians, including refugees from throughout the West Bank and Gaza. AVH, a program by the Lutheran World Federation, serves patients regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, or political conviction, without discrimination or favoritism; It is a modern tertiary care facility that serves the most disadvantaged patients from Gaza and the West Bank and has a special historic relationship with the United Nations Relief Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/World Service.
Terms of Reference
Main outcome of the role:
Medical oncology is a core member of the multidisciplinary team and offers cancer patients a comprehensive and systemic approach to treatment and care, spanning the entire disease spectrum, including research, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, supportive and palliative care, thereby complementing the skillsets of cancer specialists from other disciplines. Medical oncologists are trained in the comprehensive management of cancer patients, disease symptoms, the safe delivery of systemic cancer treatments and the management of treatment side effects.
As part of their training and clinical practice, medical oncologists frequently engage in clinical and translational research to promote innovation and new therapies.
- Adhere to safety and infection control policies followed at Augusta Victoria Hospital and Ahli Arab Hospital.
- Collect medical information on patient histories.
- Inform patients about the treatment options available for their cancer.
- Work with patients to explain a diagnosis and stage of cancer, discuss treatment options, and assist in managing the side effects and symptoms of cancer and its treatment.
- Perform physical assessments to detect cancer.
- Coordinate treatment plans and prescribe various types of treatment, including chemotherapy, targeted therapy, hormonal therapy and immunotherapy.
- Develop treatment plans based on the nature of cancer.
- Assist patients with pain management.
- Provide support for cancer patients.
- Perform basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing cancer information to patients, and monitoring treatment plans.
- Follow up with patients after finishing treatment for localized disease (active surveillance).
- Carry out medical research.
- Participate in continuing medical education (CME) programs to improve the quality of patient care, set standards of clinical competence for practice and encourage the continuing scholarship required for professional excellence over a lifetime of service.
- Play an important role in educating medical students and training young doctors in oncology.
- Work in partnership with professionals from other disciplines to continuously provide evidence-based quality cancer care while striving to further accelerate medical progress for the benefit of each individual patient.
The Job description is subjected to renewal according to the work’s need and it will be used as the base for the employee annual evaluation.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Qualifications, Skills and experience
- A medical degree from an accredited medical school by the MOHE or MOH.
- Preferably Registered Doctor with Palestinian Medical Association.
- Preferably Palestinian or Arab Board Certificates in internal medicine, preferably with experience in the Oncology field.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and in Arabic.
- Ability to build credibility and trust with departments and staff and work effectively with them.
- Effective communication skills. The ability to effectively communicate with patients, caregivers, and fellow medical professionals.
- A caring and compassionate nature when dealing with patients.
- Teamwork-oriented and demonstrated flexibility.
- Motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Respect and promote ethical values and human rights. In addition, maintaining professional relationships and acting as guides.
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is a global communion of 148 churches in the Lutheran tradition, representing 75.5 million Christians in 99 countries. LWF World Service works in 25 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean. LWF Jerusalem program has served the Palestinians in Jerusalem, West Bank and Gaza through humanitarian, health and educational programs since 1948. LWF manages the Augusta Victoria Hospital, two vocational training centers in Ramallah and in East Jerusalem and its central office is on the Mount of Olives.
Please apply using this following link: