Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
Title: Medical Doctor
Place of Work: Hebron
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- In close coordination with the midwife, provide information, counselling and follow up regarding Sexual and reproductive health care in general and specifically regarding Sexual and gender based violence and family planning.
- Participate in the set up/reinforcement of the referral pathway and fill and sign referral forms for patients.
- Be able to liaise in a professional manner with both Mental Health and Health Promotion personnel in order to provide holistic care to the beneficiaries.
- Be prepared to assess and respond to acute decompensations of chronic pathologies in the target population as well as to trauma events.
- Work in a harmonic way and collaborate as much as possible both with the nurse and the midwife.
- Register, collect and analyse data according to the existing tools and procedures and provide a weekly and monthly activity report (narrative & statistics).
- Provide input for advocacy actions.
- Be flexible to perform other tasks than those mentioned in the JD and JD annex, upon request from his/her supervisor, as long as it does not go beyond the requirements for the position. Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Medical Doctor diploma Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine
Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing
2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obs and gynae, paediatrics, A, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery. Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
Local language essential. Mission language desirable
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
All applicants should send a CV and cover letter by email to [email protected] (please indicate ¨On the subject box: the vacancy title)
Posting date: 22 September 2020
Closing date: 05 October 2020
APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON ROLLING BASIS and POSITION COULD BE FILLED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE.
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.