Medecins Sans Frontieres “Doctors Without Borders” is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-France is currently seeking to hire a
Medical Coordinator Support – new position
Workplace : MSF coordination office in Gaza
Type of contract : Fixed term contract 6 months (renewable according to the need)
Activity rate : Full time
Wished start date : ASAP
Main Responsibilities of the position:
In this exciting and challenging role you will assist and support the Medco in the implementation of the overall medical content, activity and resources in the project, by assuming some tasks delegated by him/her and giving personal assistance in other specific activities. In order to facilitate the proper medical organization /management of the projects and medical follow-up of the national staff. Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to preset schedule and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques.
Specific responsibilities ( none exhaustive):
- Supervision of medical activities:
- Works closely with the Medical coordinator (MEDCO) to ensure that the medical activities and services in our project are coherent with in the objectives of the project.
- Ensures medical activities, follow up and treatment of patients are taking place in good quality, communicate with MEDCO in case of decrease in quality of care, neglect of patients, etc.
- Liaising with MOH and other counterparts / stakeholders:
- Attends or represent the MEDCO in MoH meetings, Gaza TWG (Trauma Working Group), WHO Health Cluster and other health actors/NGO’s meetings related to health issues in Gaza Strip.
- Provide translation and analysis of the situation as needed.
- Establish links with MoH key personnel and staff as per MEDCO requests, act as a facilitator between MSF and counterparts and ensures feedback to MSF team.
- National Staff Health
- Responsible of National health staff policy
- Clinical Work
- To provide clinical supervision and training to the hospital staffs (Doctors, Nurses, etc) on specific topics in collaboration with MSF medical personnel (NS and IS).
- In an event of HR gaps of GP in the project, able to cover shifts in the IPD and OPD.
- In the absence of the MAM and intersectional ATB stewardship doctor support the ATB focal points in AAH.
- Participate in the implementation and monitoring of the medical staff adherence to MSF protocols, SOP’s and guidelines.
- Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting
- Provides assistance in the collection of medical data, ensuring the coherence and reliability of the data and provide a written analysis together with the Epidemiologist and medical team as required by MEDCO.
- Establish feedback mechanism/process of data inconsistency to respective department’s supervisors and staff.
- Assists the MEDCO in the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual medical reports
- Draft letters, reports, minutes of stakeholders meeting’s, etc. As necessary.
- Follow Gaza surveillance system of MoH and WHO in the monitoring health situation/epidemiological trends together with MEDCO.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education: Medical Doctor diploma
Experience: Essential working experience in hospital management.
Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s.
Desirable experience in epidemiological surveillance and monitoring.
Languages: Excellent command of English, Arabic.
Documents to provide
- Cover letter in English (maximum 1 page)
- Updated CV in English (maximum 2 pages)
- Scan of diploma(s) and work certificate(s) relevant for the position
- Scan of your ID
Submit your application to:
[email protected] before 20th of May 2019.