Media Officer Vacancy - Gaza Office
Position Type: Regular Employment -full Time
Location: Gaza Office
Duration: Twelve months with possibility of extension
Department: PR and Media Unit
The Palestinian Fund for Employment and Social Protection for Workers (PFESP) was established by Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2003 as a national institution with legal personality and independent financial authority to contribute to the economic growth by activating and motivating labour market policies, and implementing programs and projects aimed at creating and generating sustained job opportunities.
PFESP is seeking a qualified, experienced, results-oriented Media Officer “Gaza office” with the demonstrable capacities to carry out the scope of work according to the TOR of this assignment.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
PR & Media Officer is responsible to ensure that the visibility of PFESP enhanced and improved at national level, He/she will work well across departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Designing, writing and editing in-house materials, brochures, annual reports and all published and printed materials.
- Assisting in researching, writing and distributing press releases in Arabic and English.
- Assisting in organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours, and coordinate public events as assigned.
- Managing PFESP website and social media pages (design and content).
- Translate all Media related materials (Arabic to English and vice versa).
- Filming and editing films for PFESP activities and success stories.
- Photograph and document main PFESP activities and field visits in Gaza.
- Develop and maintain an excellent, sharable database of contacts for media and experts and also a history of stories
- Assisting in implementing PR strategies using up to date tools and approach.
- Documentation and preparing media monitoring reports.
- Preparing and supervising the production of publicity materials.
- Commit to and support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to beneficiaries and adhering to the code of ethics and policies of PFESP and the norms in the local society.
- Perform work beyond normal office hours as required, without additional compensation.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to PFESP and not jeopardize its national mission.
- Any other duties as required by the Head of PR and Media Unit.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Head of PR and Media Unit
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in media, advertising, media, social science, linguistics or a related discipline.
- Excellent knowledge in graphic designs and video editing programs.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of photography and editing programs.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work both independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Demonstrated experience in using MS Office.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, with strong personality.
- Excellent planning and administration skills.
- Initiative, self-reliant and cooperative.
- Excellent time and organizational management skills.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure and carry out multiple tasks.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter no later than July, 15th. 2021 to the following email: [email protected]
Please indicate the position title in the email subject line, and include the name and surname on the CV and Cover letter documents.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.