The Palestinian Museum is seeking to hire a full-time Media and Marketing Assistant as per the following details:
Job title: Media and Marketing Assistant
Contract type: Full-time
Location: The Palestinian Museum
Department: Public Engagements and Production
Reports to: Media and Public Relations Unit
Deadline: Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Executing media plans for various exhibitions and projects.
- Continuously maintaining and updating the Museum’s website and social media accounts.
- Writing, designing and distributing various events’ invitations through MailChimp.
- Participating in disseminating press releases and other media materials.
- Coordinating and following up on the logistical and administrative aspects of the museum’s different events.
- Networking with different media organizations and contacting journalists.
- Visually documenting different events (photos and videos) and coordinating with photographers to facilitate their work.
- Following up on events’ visual documentation and coordinating its archiving and organization.
- Producing short promotional videos for social media.
- Tracking media coverage and submitting regular media monitoring reports.
- Overseeing, building, and updating the Museum’s contacts lists.
- Supervising writing and disseminating e-invitations.
- Assisting in the execution of journalists’ and visitors’ guided tours.
- Overseeing the distribution of the Museum’s different publications in public venues.
- Checking the Museum’s public mail and responding to the public’s inquiries.
- Following up on the production of written, visual, and digital promotional material for the Museum’s events and programs and coordinating with media outlets.
- Any other tasks that support and aid the execution of the museum’s events and media related tasks.
Required qualifications and experience:
- BA in Media and Communications, Public Relations or any other relevant field in humanities.
- No less than one year of work experience in media and public relations. Experience in the cultural field is a plus (fresh graduates are encouraged to apply, if motivated to learn, grow and take initiative).
- High social media skills.
- Excellent writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Excellent photography, filming and video editing skills (using Adobe premiere and Final cut).
- Ability and desire to follow the latest developments in the cultural and technological fields.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English.
- Excellent communication and public engagement skills.
- Motivation, taking initiative and creativity.
- Ability to work under pressure.
You can apply for this position online through Apply Now-button below.Application deadline is Wednesday, May 30, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered.