The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a women’s mass, developmental, learning and human rights non-governmental organisation that contributes to the feminist struggle within WPS agenda. PWWSD aims for gender equality and the eradication of all forms of discrimination against women. For more about PWWSD, please visit www.pwwsd.org.
PWWSD is implementing a digital solutions’ project in partnership with GIZ to enhance women's political empowerment and leadership, and seeks to hire a full-time media coordinator in its Ramallah main office.
Main responsibilities include:
- Contribute to managing online and offline media and advocacy campaigns
- Document/ cover events and develop relevant news reports
- Ensure liaising with media outlets, coordinate press conferences, and produce media reports and press releases/ statements.
- Use social media and traditional media tools to increase the visibility of project and communicate activities, achievements and mission to the public.
- Produce audio-visual materials (photos, videos) for social media platforms.
- Contribute to maintaining PWWSD’s social media platforms and website, design media campaigns and analyse media coverage.
- Contribute to translating/ proofreading/ editing Arabic and English material.
- Follow up and supervise the production and dissemination of publicity material, publications and promotional/documentation videos.
- Work with relevant departments to develop publications and information relevant to project.
- Assist in the implementation of the communications and advocacy plans.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BA degree in media, journalism, communications, or relevant field. Master’s degree is preferable.
- At least 2 years working in an NGO, preferably in the human/ women’s rights field
- Experience in developing news articles and reports, media management, campaigning, advocacy and communications.
- High proficiency in spoken and written Arabic and English languages
- A strong public speaker and advocate with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office and social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter
- Knowledge in audio-visual documentation.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the social, political and legal situation regarding women’s rights in Palestine.
- Ability and flexibility to work within a team, and under high pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Interested candidates are requested to submit their Resume along with a Cover Letter in English explaining why they are the best fit for the job no later than 08.01.2019 to the following email:
Applications that do not meet the criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are highly encouraged to apply.